MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Word Play

Midnightmom

I've a seen a few 'cleanups' in aisle two before but not an actual pickup!  LOL. 

I had a cleanup in the hallway last week. I dropped an entire large pumpkin spice ice coffee in the carpeted hall. :sEm_blush: I had my chops all set for it too. I cleaned up all of the ice and told the front desk about it. He just brought a towel down and stepped on it and soaked it all up. Didn't even leave a stain. However, it spilled down my shirt, in my purse and in one of my shoes. I tried to grab it as it was falling. Mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I remember Hell's Angels. Haven't heard that name in years. 

They had a car drive through the window at the market that my DH cooked collards for. Just missed the sandwich area.  Older lady hit the gas instead of brakes when she pulled into parking lot. If I remember correctly, I think it had happened twice. The other time was a man and just missed the propane tanks. Needless to say, they fixed cement barriers around the propane tanks just in case. 

Yep, and it's not butter commercial. I do remember that one. 

All are so funny. 

Now the above store can have a blue light special after the clean up on aisle 2

• Haha 1

Littlesister it's funny you said that because just the other day I was walking in a parking lot and an elderly lady was pulling out of her parking space. Where I was positioned, I had to walk in front of her car as she was backing up. I hesitated and waited because around here too, (those people :D) seem to get the brake and gas pedal mixed up. It has happened enough that the thought did cross my mind so I waited. The last time it happened in my town it was the post office. 

Blue Light Special.  LOL  Attention Shoppers.   I miss K-Mart. 

• Like 1

I also, miss K-Mart.  I also miss Zaire's as well. That was a great store many years ago. And then there was Bradly's. So many good stores are now gone. Around here we don't have a lot of really good stores now. I have to either drive to Newport News or downtown Suffolk. I won't drive to Norfolk or VA Beach. My neighbor took me to take GS his spare keys this afternoon. I get lost over there using my GPS. It is crazy there. 

I'm just gonna leave this here............................ :rolleyes:

I found it. 

needle-haystack.thumb.jpg.f1728643450b04a192a5e2ce33c2dd58.jpg

BTW - I have no idea where this pic was taken, so, maybe I didn't really find it???   :shakinghead:

But, someone did!  :bounce: :engel-smilies-10-1: :D

ETA: Navigated to the OP and someone posted this info in the comments: ( 45.53746095334271, -93.61280882185955 )

13704 County Rd 42, Princeton, MN 55371

Love these "directions" given in the comment section. :24:

. . . . Not sure what the name of the road is - but if you go east out of town, make a left turn where the red barn used to be, go about 6 miles and make a right where Farmer John rolled his tractor in 1952. Then go to the fork in the road and make a circle around that fork and go left again. The haystack is about a half mile from that last turn - but some wise-a**ed teenager stole the needle.

Additional comments: (Don't mean to steal anybody's thunder here, though. Just thought they were funny.) :bow:

Now if you could just get a camel through the eye it would be heaven.
Someone should go set one of those small camel figurines in the eye.

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Haha 5
  • 3 weeks later...

This video has made the rounds on YT for several years* now, but it is so funny that I still watch it every time it comes back up in my suggested videos. I hope y'all enjoy it too. :bow:

(I had originally posted a re-share of the video but when I realized it wasn't the original I went on a search to find it. Here it is!!!

*This was originally uploaded 12 years ago!!! It now has over 200 MILLION views!

• Like 1

As long as you're watching YT videos, take a gander at this one. I must admit I have no idea what the music is, but I assume it is/was a very popular tune at the time this vid was created. What is amazing about this video is the PRECISE synchronization of the film clips to the musical beat. I can't begin to imagine how much time and patience it took to edit all of these film clips together but the result is stunning and very entertaining. This one had over 20 Million views in 2015 and has been reshared a multitude of times!

And now I present a challenge* to you:

• How many of the movies used can you name?
  • Can you name the stars featured in each clip?

From the into to the video:

"My inspiration came from "What's the Mashup?"  The idea was to do the same for movies from the Golden Age – meaning no title later than 1953 (although there is one at the end.) Oh, and none of these clips was sped up or slowed down."

Turn on subtitles to find out the film names.  :bow:

• Like 1

The great thing about this type of video (voice-over) is that your imagination can take it to places unknown.................... and the results are usually just as hilarious as the original. Case in point:  Talking Dog Neutered!!!

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Haha 2

Bruno Mars Uptown Funk. I recognize a lot of the stars in the dance video but can't think of their names. Bo Jangles, Shirley Temple, Gene Kelly, Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, Cyd Cherisse, Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland, Laurel and Hardy, Debbie Reynolds, Donald O'Connor, Rita Hayworth, Grocho Marx, Frank Sinatra, Jerry the mouse and maybe Ann Miller. Yeah, I'm that old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ohhh. Thanks for the handy dandy tip! No wonder I was getting condensation all over my bedroom carpet. I was thinking my air conditioner might be the problem. But my D-ex assured me it was just fine. It's a window unit he says. It's in the window. What could go wrong.  Pffft, who knew there was a front and a back to that thing! If you have these guys number I'd appreciate it. I have lots of work to throw their way. Starting with that #$$^& paper towel holder I can't figure out. But I'll be gracious and let Littlesister hire them first.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this, don't that, can't you read the sign.  :happy0203:

Littlesister, that reminds me of a song by Dwight Yoakam that says:

This Smith and Wesson jury

Holds a mean and nasty court

And the verdict that they pass is never slow.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this, don't that, can't you read the sign.  :happy0203:

And the sign said
"Long-haired freaky people
Need not apply"

So I tucked my hair up under my hat
And I went in to ask him why
He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man
I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that
Huh, me workin' for you"
Whoa

Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign