MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I’ve made strawberry jam for decades. Hours cleaning and slicing each strawberry. 

I bought a bunch of strawberries at the Amish market Friday to make a fresh batch of strawberry jam. 

After spending all day yesterday preparing and processing a ton of chicken soup, I’m still tired. But, I need to get these strawberries don’t so I don’t lose them. I was not looking forward to hours spent cleaning and slicing them all when I had what for me, was a brilliant idea!

I washed and cleaned the strawberries and threw them whole into my food processor. I pulsed it a few times and it did all the hard work for me and then some. 

Im really excited about this. It took less than an hour to clean 4 quarts and 4 pints of strawberries and they’re ready to be cooked and jar’d. 

YAYYYYYY me….or actually, yayyyyy God for the inspiration. 

Are any of you smarter than I am and have already discovered this shortcut?

B5F1F318-7A19-44BB-B20F-B46D40A1B073.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Why yes, I have.  It works quite well to make tomato sauce and many other things beside.  So glad you found it too.  

• Like 3

Yeah I use it for the peppers and onions in my salsa and the Squeezo for the tomatoes but it never dawned on me for the strawberries till now. First batch is in WB canner right now. 3-4 more batches and then I’m done. For now. 

I’m also using the low sugar sure gel because I hate the overly sweet jams and it tastes much better. I ordered a lb of Pamona pectin so I can be in complete charge of the sweetness. 

With everything in the world going on right now it’ll be another massive canning summer I think. 

• Like 5