MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

soy now? I'm sticking to pizza...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I think moderation is the key. What would people eons ago have eaten?? Mostly fruit, veggies, meat and eventually a little grain.

Of course, since the beginning of time pizza has always been the first choice of humans (and some canines).

Lynnie

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I'm one of those people who eat pizza with a fork!!! That way I can eat the toppings and leave the crust (well-except for the edge once in a while wink.gif ) Low-carb pizza! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Wow, pizza, that is one of my down falls. I don't like just any kind, as I can't eat much spice so I stick to the milder toppings. Beef, pork sausage, or ham/Canadian Bacon these are good. I also once in a while eat a Toco Pizza, but don't put the spice sauce on the top.

Think there are some kids and older kids who could almost live on Pizza. smile.gif

Now, to the people years ago, they also ate a lot of lard and butter. That is what they had and so they used it. If they were lucky and had hens, they would have eggs too. Man, and now we are told we shouldn't eat any of these things. Some of the best pie crusts are made from lard, have any of you used lard for them? I don't myself, I use Crisco, but I don't make many pies either. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hey Snow-

Lard and butter are fine-it's the flour in the crust and the sugar in the filling that are the "problem." BTW-the humble egg Egg_anim.gif has been exonerated of causing cholesterol problems, BUT, the hydrogenated oils in the Crisco ARE a problem.

Soooooooooooooooooo.......if you were going to bake a pie- pie.gif -use the lard, go easy on the added sugar, and eat a small slice. smile.gif (easier said than done)

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Okay, I confess..I miss 2 things..Pizza and Cheesecake. I admit I lay in wait when we are at DS's house and he orders 2 large pizza delivered. I snack on an order of hot wings and then..when everyone has had their fill...I eat the top of the remaining pizzas!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!

• 2 weeks later...

PIZZA! Ordered pizza tonight for the kids...I ate the toppings off 2 pieces of Supreme!!! Wonderful! I bought the low-carb pizza crust mix one time, but it was about $9 for two pizza's and was pretty "course" and heavy.....so, I'd just as leave eat the toppings....and spend that money on, Yes, you guessed it....MORE TOPPINGS!!!

Enjoy the weekend girls....Hubby is calling me to come watch a movie with him.....Later Gator'!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

We've narrowed DH's allergies down to, among other things, CHEESE shocked.gif

Soooo, this weekend we bought pizza dough and we're going to make pizza at home with very little cheese on his half.

The other possibility about the pizzaria pizza that could be bothering him is that they usually toss the grated cheese with MSG so that it won't clump up in the coolers before they bring it out to make pizzas. It could be the MSG giving him fits.

Anyhoo.....we're having special home made vegetarian pizza tonight!! One of the places around here puts chopped broccoli on their veggie pizzas, so we're going to try that I think.

------------------

gl.jpg

Hi Ladies!

Your making me drooooool!

Hey Goosie....pizza still taste good with no cheese at all.. just smother it in veggies..it's surprising what we eat when we have to.....

Glad your narrowing down the problem.Don't want your honey to get sick!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM