MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

Morning all, It is absolutely pouring down rain outside this morning, has poured all night. We actually had thunder and lightning last night...Many areas in our town is already calling in flooding, several of our major creeks are already overruning their banks....Hopefully all will settle down this evening, supposed to be pretty and breezy and cold for tomorrow..

The kids all got me up early this morning, I had planned on sleeping in, too get rested up for all the work ahead.

I have ole tom turkey thawing (he has been since monday) in the fridge. I will put it on to cook tonight, since I will be up late playing my weekly bingo game....Then all I have too do tomorrow is the vegetables and breads,and my banana pudding everything else is ready to go, just has to be thawed and warmed.....Dh's aunt and mom and lunatic young punk stepdad will be here....(as Darlene would say) weeeeeeeeeeeee....

Will do the housework today, so all I have to do tomorrow morning is straighten up and make beds....I am not working myself to death tomorrow, I making as easy as possible on myself...I think everyone should do the same...

Every one please enjoy your day tomorrow, and please be careful with your travel plans....and HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING....

Good morning all. It's not raining here... yet. The forecast says rain around noon, then changing to snow... 4-6 inches of the beautiful stuff... right now it is cccooolllddd and the furnace just keeps running.

I am off work until Monday... yippee. I had to use vacation time or lose it so I am going to enjoy it.

I have to start my thanksgiving preps now....

it is really cold here today too.... feels like a dampness in the air.

out of the ashes of last week came a couple of good things for us they might now amount much to anyone else but for us it sure did. we even got to get a few extra's to put back in the pantry.

Oh, Theyd, I'm sorry you've had a bad two weeks. I'm thankful you didn't get shot, too!

It's cold here today. DH was supposed to be off at noon but he's not, so I"m not sure what's going on in the shopping/dinner tonight area, LOL. We NEED stuff for Thanksgiving since we couldn't go to the store on the weekend, we may have to go tonight late. If that's the case, we'll bring something quick home. It got down to 19 last night, so there is a lot of work for DH-everyone who had a cracked window probably woke up to find it hugely cracked or broken in that kind of cold, and everyone wants their window today LOL. I'm thankful for the work, and I'm sure there's a reason we'll be off to the store so late.

I didn't get anything done yesterday...just enjoyed being with the kids. Well, I did clean the bathroom, but that's about it. Today I've made chocolate rice crispie treats, and taken the apple pie filling and crust out to thaw. I swear I'm going to do more, LOL. As much as I enjoy cooking, I love having the day with family, too.

We actually ARE going shopping on Friday, but ONLY because the Oneida outlet store about 2.5 hours away is going out of business, and they have single pieces of silverware for $.25 each, and roommate was there on the way home from her daughter's wedding and said there are lots of matching pieces. Every bit of dishware or kitchen stuff that I didn't get from my mom, I have picked up at thrift shops or walmart. I do enjoy thrift shop finds, but since I"m starting completely over, I am going to have a nice set of silverware, darn it! (could you hear me stomping my feet?!?!)

Besides, the only plac3e to shop down here is walmart, so maybe this will give me a chance to pick up a few Christmas gifts for the kids.

I want to wish everyone a lovely, stress free, good smelling, happy feeling, delightful Thanksgiving! Love you ladies!

Our snow total is about 8 inches. It has stopped for now. I spoke to my mom and we aren't sure if they are going to be able to come up now. It is 100 miles by expressway. She is blind in one eye so she does not do a lot of driving and prefers to drive when it is nice. I just checked weather.com for her area and it is still snowing there, so hubby and I might be alone with our ham and turkey.