MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TOO DO???

Judy Moist

As I have mentioned before in other forums here, my dh has not been well, we keep trying to figure out what is wrong on our own. I finally talked him into going to have some vascular screenings done, those came back with everything within normal range...

But, there is definitely something wrong, I have begged, pleaded, done everything I know to do to get him to go to a doctor,, but he will not. He absolutely refuses..

Dh's boss got in touch with me on Friday, to talk, he was horribly upset and actually crying,,(this is a big ole man, who doesn't let people see him cry).. He said that the way dh is acting at work, he is scared to death, he believes dh is sicker than he is letting on at home.. He believes that dh will be dead within 6 months, if he doesn't get medical help... I believe deep in my heart dh has cancer, but I don't know what else to do... I gave him a credit card with $700 on it and told him to go to the doctor,, he still refused.. What else can I do? I am scared to death, I have gotten a life insurance policy on him, and we have done a living will and last will and testament, so got those things in order, and found out what kind of ceremony he would want, so am prepared there... But I hate to be thinking these things,, but I don'tknow what else too do

DH, said that the only way he would go to the doctor, would be the day that we had to have an ambulance come and get him...I told him well if that is what it takes, then don't be surprised if I call the ambulance at anytime...I have tried explaining to him, that it is very unfair to me and the kids,But I know he is scared and is afraid what they may tell him.. I am working on him, trying to get him to go,,, But thanks everybody for the prayers.

A quick update note, dh's bossman just came to the house this morning,, he has ordered dh goes to the doctor,if he wants to come back to work.... so he has no choice but to go to the doctor...so we are on our way...thanks for the prayers, they apparently helped, he is at least going to the doctor to find out what is wrong with him,,,,thanks so much and will let all know what they say....

Just got back from the doctors office, he did a prostate check on dh, he didn't feel anything out of the ordinary there, but is referring him to a gastroenterologist, to have a colonoscopy run..and to also have him checked for a prolapsed hernia, if the hernia is what is causing the problems they will schedule surgery.. after we get through this he is referring him to a cardiologist..so looks like we have a long rough road ahead of us, but at least the door has been opened and he is ready to go through with it.. the doctor warned us (since hubby does not have medical insurance),, that by dh's symptoms alone we are looking at approximately $10,000 in tests alone... so looks as if I will have no choice but to go back to work,, which is alright with me,,, I would rather go back to work, if it means we may be able to keep him around a little while longer... Thanks everybody, you just don't know what you all mean to me....

Archived