MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New from Middle Tennessee!!

cheles2kids

Just wanted to drop in to say hello to everyone!! :happy0203:

I'm a Mom to two teenagers & wife to a retired Navy man.

We've been married for 18.5 years & have moved 10 times.

He's been retired for 1 year & 4 months, so we are still just getting settled into being somewhere for the long-term.

I'm really only starting to get into prepping, and have been really working on it this year.

It was a New Year's goal for me this year, so right now I'm working on getting our 3 month stockpile in order & then I want to eventually get to a year's worth.

We are planting our first garden this year, along with some berry bushes & a few fruit trees.

This is the first home that we've had that's had any bit of room, so I plan on utilizing all of our 2 acres as much as possible.

I'm really hoping that our garden produces well this year & I'm hoping to get some home canned items added as well.

I'm also researching & reading all I can about baking our own bread with whole wheat berries, learning about the differnte types, how to store it, etc. & right now I am saving for an Electric wheat grinder.

I was really excited to find this forum, I saw it listed in someone's siggie over at another forum and couldn't believe that there was one specifically geared toward us women!! :cloud9:

WhooHoooo!!!

It really is great to be here, I've learned alot by reading your posts & hopefully I'll be able to jump in & help someone else.

Michelle :bounce:

:welcome: Glad you joined us, Michelle. I am exnavy and my son just got out of the marines in the fall. He married another Marine officer and she is getting ready to deploy in May to the Persian Gulf. Glad your dear hubby is home now. I hope you enjoy getting things going with preps. It really is nice to have a place to call your own. There are lots of military families here. DS has two half brothers serving as well.

I am up in the Adirondack mtns in upstate NY, so its still pretty cold up here right now. DS and DIL will settle in east Texas in a couple more years if not after she gets back from the ship duty next year. DIL is from just north of Houston. I am saving as part of my preps to move down there when I can do it.

Glad you joined us, its a great site. There is so much here to enjoy and learn from and do with each other as well.

:wave: Welcome to the group Michelle!! Let us know if we can help in any way. Lots of folks here with tons of knowledge and experience. There are a few of us over in west TN., so we are kinds neighbors. :)

:bighug2:

:wormie2:

John

:wub: Awwww, thanks everyone for all the warm welcomes!!!

Arby, wow! You have a whole family of military members! :o

I have a friend how is from Albany, NY., I'm not sure of how far that is from your 'neck of the woods'?

But I have met some of the greatest people from N.Y., while moving & shuffling around over the years.

WormGuy, we were actually stationed over in Memphis for our first shore duty billet, a few years ago (okay, well more like 17 years ago).

Our 16 ds. was born in Millington, over at the Navy hospital (when it was still there) & my 14 dd. was born in Germantown. ;)

We always laugh & talk about the odds of both of our kids being born in our home state, that almost never happens while your active duty Navy.

Thanks again everybody for making me feel right at home! :blush:

:wave: Welcome to the group Michelle!! Let us know if we can help in any way. Lots of folks here with tons of knowledge and experience. There are a few of us over in west TN., so we are kinds neighbors. :)

:bighug2:

:wormie2:

John

What wormie said! West TN here also, but I am north. Howdy neighbor!

Q

Archived