MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lurker from Arkansas

HippyChick

Hi all. I love the new look. :D

I've waited years to actually be able to do something and last year I moved from Missouri to Arkansas. We have 11 acres overlooking the Spring River and I'm so excited!

The huge garden is a work in progress. Compost is started. We have 4 fruit trees and planning for more. Heaven help me...hopefully we'll get to adding chickens with a movable coup... I'm just in hog heaven.

Plans, so many plans.

Sounds great! I am only able to do urban homesteading with no ground to use outside or even a porch for containers.....so will be doing shelf and grow light system soon. ( not enough light from my windows either. )..... I am so happy for you !

My longest goal is to purchase land and build an offgrid cob or straw bale home and outfit it for myself, ds and his family as it grows, and maybe his in laws, as they are nice christian folks from all I know. They live down the road from you in eastern TX btw. We will all eventually be 'neighbors' as I will move south to that region as soon as I can save $$ to do so, as well as doing my preps, so it will take a while yet.

For now I prep just for me but with alternate Plans depending on severity of situations as they arise.

Archived