MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

Jeepers

I'M A FREEKIN' MIRACLE WORKER!

Its true.

The bank didn't call me again today concerning my ATM card. I went online and saw they are open until 6:00pm today. I went over. I explained that I was there last Monday for a replacement card and was told their system was down, and had been for a few days, and that they would call me when it was up again. To their credit, they did try to activate 3-4 cards. No problem, stuff happens. She thanked me for understanding.

Their mistake was when they told me they would call me when the system was back up. I knew that wouldn't happen. It didn't. It never does.

So I went in today only slightly agitated. I need my card (cash running low by now) and also I need some more checks. She tells me the system is down for ATM cards. I say,  "Humm, for over a week?" Cashier next to her said she remembered waiting on me and, "Yes, its still down." I say, "Wow, a bank this size and headquartered in downtown Cleveland can't activate an ATM card? What about new customers wanting to open a new account? They won't get a new ATM or Debit card right away? Maybe I should go downtown and try."  UH-OH!  She said, "No, they are all down."

By that time, on a Friday afternoon, the bank was starting to fill up. I was not exactly using my 'indoor' voice. Not getting loud but standing sideways facing the other teller and the other customers. There are two tellers open and I'm using both of them. I asked how am I supposed to get my money? First teller said she could get me cash from my account. Harump.

Second teller leaves her area and gets a manager and they go off into the vault together. They come back out with another ATM card and,  LO AND BEHOLD...I JUST PREFORMED A MIRACLE!   My card got activated. Right before my very eyes.  :engel-smilies-10-1:  :engel-smilies-10-1:  <---------- Angels Singing.

I'm kind of angry now because I knew they had lied Monday saying they would call when the system was back up and they were lying today saying it was still down.

I asked her if she ordered my checks. She said yes but it would be easier "for me" (yeah right) if I did it online. She doesn't know me. Nothing is easier for me online. It's really quite easy for me to tell her to do it. :pout:

I stared at her and said I couldn't order checks online because... "My system is down."

She handed me my activated ATM card and I said "IT"S A MIRICLE!" she smiled sheepishly and nodded her head. I said, "Uh-Uh" and left. I can't abide a liar. A lazy one is even worse.

• Sad 2

Oh Jeepers, isn’t it irritating when people do things like that? BTDT.   :hug3:

Pulled a bunch of weeds, filled Moms roll off dumpster 1/2 full. Made the extension for her queens wreath and called it done.  By then, my arthritic wrist was screaming at me, but I’m not gonna mention it to her. 

Took her to the stores so she could get some supplies. Picked up a bottle of Move Free Ultra, to see if it actually helps, like the commercials says it’s supposed to.   Hmmm... seemed to reduce the swelling and help with movement, after one pill....  actually a noticeably surprising difference.  :shrug:

Spent the rest of the day watching Storage Wars, the news & more Storage Wars... wow, what I’d give for the WWI sock knitting machine..... lol.

• Like 1

I've never heard of the Move Free Ultra. At first I thought you were talking about a hair care product. It sounds like something I'd be interested in trying. For my joints. My hair is a lost cause.

I've never seen a WW1 sock knitting machine but I have a contraption that you can 'knit' socks on. It looks like a board that has pegs on it and you wrap yarn around the pegs and lift the bottom yarn up over the top.

I have a couple of those plastic ones like you can get at Wal-Mart and the craft stores too. The sock one is a little different made of wood with metal pegs.

Hopefully I'll have more time next year to try some things out.

Oops, I guess it's called a loom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mScKYAQ8Mg

Ambergris I hope you were able to get resolution with Verizon. 

Jeepers, my bank card had my name misspelled for 10 years. They said I’d have to go to the main office 100 miles away. I finally made it there and they said they couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything about it. :fryingpan:  Because it started to give me trouble using it, I want back to my local branch and threatened to close my account and change banks. Low & behld, they fixed it right then & there. Go figure. 

Sorry about the off topic, I was tired last night... here’s the antique sock knitting machine... https://goo.gl/images/1cjnU8

• Like 1

Ambergris, Squeaky Wheel + Grease = Results.  Good luck girl!

Annarchy, funny how those things work, huh. I think that's what they thought I was going to do too. Our cards no longer have our names on them. I think it's a new thing here. At least since 30 years ago when I got mine. :D

Never worry about going off topic in any of my threads. "I digress"...often. I saw a woman showing how to use one of those on YouTube last night. I bookmarked it but I'm on the Kindle and can't link it. It was really interesting. I'll post it next time I'm on the computer. 

• Like 1

They cancelled my HUM contract without the cancellation fee.  Or so they say.  HUM is the most useless thing, and I have been trying to get out of that contract since two weeks in.

• Like 3

I guess living in a small town and banking with a credit union does have it's perks.  We changed many years ago and have never looked back.  We don't have the hours open service like the "big boys" but we also don't have all the "fees" and other this and that.  

• Like 1

I don't qualify for any credit unions. The only fees I have to pay is if I don't pay my credit card off in total at the end of the month. I always pay it off! If I can't afford it...I don't buy it. Unless it's an emergency of course. I get free checks and a free safety deposit box.

I get points for everything I spend on both credit cards and checking account. Credit cards, Master, are issued through the bank. I can either have cash deposited into my account or get a gift card. They have lots of gift cards. I've probably gotten over $400.00 in Wal-Mart gift cards in the last two years. I'm coming up on another $100.00 soon. They range from $25.00 to $100.00 depending on how many points you have. I get cash back on the Discover card and fuel perks from my grocery store/pharmacy. Last year I noticed I saved around $150.00 in gas. I'm all about free. Especially if its something I already use.

• Like 2

The banks in this town are vultures! Quit them a long time ago. We use WM gift card for our gas to get the cents off and we buy most of our food from the Mennonite's so there's no cash back stuff there! LOL  But we sure save a lot of money shopping with them! LOL We don't need a lot of meds so most of ours are the 10$ except hubby's meds for triglycerides and the Estrace cream that I use.  His is about $60 for 3 months, mine is about 75$ but it will last me a very long time.

• Like 1
On 3/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, Jeepers said:

I don't qualify for any credit unions. 

Maybe check again. Our credit union has no requirements to be able to use them as a bank. IDK if it’s just our country credit union that does that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The previous adm tried to include credit unions in their bank regulations...we won't deal with banks at all.  The scariest thing is that if you read the fine print ... I think on any of them... once you put money into their facilities, you have agreed to let them become "caretakers" of your money and if something happens they make the decision on how much you can withdraw...if any.  We keep very little in the account for that reason.

• Like 2