MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Carla Emery's - passing away

ricardo

I never got to meet her and haven't had the opportunity to read any of her books, even though I really want to... I am hoping to make it to the library over the next few days to see if I can find copies or order some online.... but her wisdom that has been shared throughout this website will be greatly missed,,, Let us carry on in her honor.....

When ever I am trying to figure something out .. I reach for "The Encyclopedia of Country Living". Bound now by duct tape, it is still my most used and valued book. I feel like I grew up with Carla, maturing, growing, changing and refining myself and the world around me.

I have come to love Carla through her book and Carla will live forever in my heart and mind and on my bookshelf! Her work must continue on so the next generation will be able to learn skills that would be otherwise lost.

Carla is much loved in our home and will continue to hold a special place in our hearts.

I want to extend my sincerest sympathy to Carla's family for their loss and to thank you for sharing your Wife and Mother with me all these many years.

I recommend everyone buy her book!

Archived