MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coloidial Silver

gardnmom

Colloidal Silver is a near perfect antibiotic. Just about every known germ, bacteria, virus or fungus, will die within six minutes of contact with colloidal silver. In addition, there are no known bad side effects from using colloidal silver. Silver can be used topically or internally.

For burns or sores that may be infected, use a bandage to keep a cotton ball soaked in colloidal silver on the wound. That approach will also help with warts.

Women suffering with a vaginal yeast infection can use 1 Tablespoon of colloidal silver mixed in with 8 oz. of water as a douche solution for almost immediate results. For infectious diseases, colloidal silver can be taken internally either straight or mixed with liquid of preference. If you are dealing with an existing infectious condition, you may

want to take 1 tablespoon of colloidal silver three times a day. AS the condition improves you can reduce dosage to two tablespoons a day and then reduce to once a day.

For general protection form colds, flu and other infectious diseases, a daily dose of one tablespoon is recommended. Only increase dosage if a condition develops in spite of the normal daily dosage.

"We have been using Colloidal Silver for about three years. We find that if we take enough (3-4 oz) of it several times a day at the first sign of a throat tickle or sore throat , we most generally can totally avoid getting sick. This weekend my son got very sick with a fever and sore throat and cough. He took it as I mentioned above and in two days was back to work with all the regular energy and no sickness. We have our own dairy cow and other animals which we like to keep organic ie without chemicals or antibiotics. When our cow got sick we give it colloidal silver instead of antibiotic and saw an amazingly fast recovery in just a day or two. That way can still drink the milk. (You can't drink the milk of a cow on antibiotics.) It's the best thing since sliced bread for us who don't like doctors and can't afford them anyway. Hooray for Colloidal Silver!!!" D.E.

THE REDISCOVERY OF A SUPER ANTIBIOTIC

Research has shown that colloidal silver is a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, colloidal silver has been shown to disable the enzyme that single celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need to metabolize oxygen. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The result is the destruction of disease causing organisms in the body and in food. Colloidal silver was in common use until 1938 when the medical profession turned its attention to pharmaceutical drugs.

"Not long ago my wife awakened with "pink-eye" in both eyes. I used the colloidal silver in a nasal spray applicator and misted her eyes every half hour. At the end of eight hours the pink-eye was totally gone. Not bad for something a doctor takes two weeks to cure." D.T.

---------------------

EARLY RESEARCH

At the turn of the century, scientists had discovered that the body’s most important fluids are colloidal in nature: suspended ultra-fine particles. Blood, for example, carries nutrition and oxygen to the body cells. This led to studies with colloidal silver. Prior to 1938, colloidal silver was used by physicians as a mainstream antibiotic treatment and was considered quite “high-tech”. Production methods, however, were costly. Then the pharmaceutical industry moved in, causing colloidal research to be set aside in favor of fast working, more toxic and potentially dangerous drugs.

The Food and Drug Administration today classifies colloidal silver as a pre-1938 drug. A letter from the FDA dated 9/13/91 states: “These products may continue to be marketed as long as they are advertised and labeled for the same uses as in 1938 and as long as they are manufactured in the original manner.” Some of the manufacturing methods used before 1938 are still used today. An electro-colloidal process, which is known to be the best method, is most widely used now.

"My 17 year old son has asthma and allergies that keep him pretty congested during the spring time, I convinced him that he should take CS with me to see if it helped him with that, after explaining the testimonials I had read pertaining to these ailments. I must also explain that this kid has grown two feet in the past two years, and has complained of joint pain in his knee, hip and ankles for the past two years. The doctor has attributed the pain as "growing pains". An hour after he took the first dose of CS, he came out of his room and I asked him if he felt any difference in his congestion, or anything different....he looked at me kind of strange and said, "yeah, this is weird, but my knee does not hurt, and my hip and ankles don't hurt" Then I told him about the testimonies that I had read about pain relief. He had no idea that it had any of those qualities, so it was not mind over matter in any way shape or form. Actually he was pretty shocked." R.R.

CONTEMPORARY STUDIES

While studying regeneration of limbs, spinal cords and organs in the late 1970s, Robert O. Becker, MD., author of The Body Electric, discovered that silver ions promote bone growth and kill surrounding bacteria. The march 1978 issue of Science Digest, in an article, “Our Mightiest Germ Fighter,” reported: “Thanks to eye-opening research, silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic.” The article ended with a quote by Dr. Harry Margraf, a biochemist and pioneering silver researcher who worked with the late Carl Moyer, M.D., chairman of Washington University’s Department of Surgery in the 1970s: “Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have.”

"I was diagnosed w/ hep c 1 1/2 years ago. I've taking vitamins but just started colloidal silver 1 week ago. I think I can feel the difference. I couldn't get out of bed all last week. Now I have so much energy that I can't even lie down to take a nap. It's really kind of spooky. Before, I had to lay down everyday and nap. Now I can't even force myself to lay down. I feel absolutely great....." C.B.

HOW IT WORKS

The presence of colloidal silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to speak. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves these tissue-cell enzymes intact, as they are radically different from the enzymes of primitive singe-celled life. Thus colloidal silver is absolutely safe for humans, reptiles, plants and all multi-celled living matter.

"I would like to share a recent discovery that CS has done for me. I had my ears pierced about 15 years ago. For some reason, though, I was never able towear earrings without discomfort even though the holes were fine. I would go without earrings for months at a time but as soon as I put a pair in, my ears would ooze and become very painful. I tried different types of metals including the ones they said were for sensitive ears but nothing worked. This past May I had a brainstorm. Why don't I try CS. So for about three days after I put my earrings in I would dab some CS on my ears. Well needless to say I have been wearing earrings comfortably for several months now with no problems, pain or irritation. What a blessing CS is. I pray for the day the medical community wakes up and realizes what a wonder CS is." S.T.

INGESTING COLLOIDAL SILVER

Taken orally, the colloidal silver is absorbed form the mouth into the bloodstream, then transported quickly to the body cells. Swishing the solution under the tongue briefly before swallowing may result in faster absorption. If only small doses of colloidal silver are taken it may take three to four days for silver to accumulate in the tissues sufficiently for benefits to begin. Colloidal silver is completely eliminated from the body by the kidneys, lymph system and bowls after several weeks. If routinely exposed to dangerous pathogenic germs, to have continuous protection, some recommend a regular daily intake of colloidal silver.

In cases of minor burns, an accumulation of colloidal silver may hasten healing, reducing the possibility of infection and scar tissue. (A fine spray mist or compress soaked in colloidal silver can also be very helpful.) It is believed by many in the natural healing arts that the lives of millions of people who are susceptible to chronic low-grade infections an be enhanced by this preventative health measure.

"I have been using CS for at least 7 years, but I have normally used it as a topical application on wounds, sore throat or ear problems. My little grand-daughter runs to grandmas for "silver" every time she falls on her skates. I remember one time a wild cat that was running the neighborhood severely clawed our neighbor when he tried to pet it. His arm was clawed deep and was bleeding real bad. Knowing that John was a diabetic, my daughter told me to go get the silver. (Up until that time she would always just chuckle when her daughter wanted to come to grandma's for a fall.) We sprayed it all over his arm and gave him the bottle to apply every hour for the night. The next morning he went to his doctor and his doctor could not believe how his arm had started to heal." L.H.

CHRONIC OR SERIOUS CONDITIONS

One teaspoon of 10 ppm. colloidal silver equals about 50 micrograms (mcg.) of silver. One to three teaspoons per day (50 û 150 mcg.) is generally considered to be a “nutritional amount” and is reported to be safe to use for extended periods of time. Amounts higher than this are generally considered “therapeutic amounts” and should only be used periodically. IN cases of illness, natural health practitioners have often recommended taking double or triple the “nutritional amount” for 30 to 45 days, then dropping down to a smaller, maintenance dose. Amounts from 3 û 32 ounces per day have reportedly been used in acute conditions.

If your body is extremely ill or toxic, do not be in a hurry to clear up everything at once. If pathogens are killed off too quickly, the body’s five eliminatory channels (liver, kidneys, skin, lungs and bowel) may be temporarily overloaded, causing flu-like conditions, headache, extreme fatigue, dizziness, nausea or aching muscles. Ease off on the colloidal silver to a smaller amount and increase your distilled water intake. Regular bowel movements are a must in order to relieve the discomforts of detoxification. Resolve to reduce sugar and saturated fats from the diet, and exercise more. Given the opportunity, the body’s natural ability to heal may amaze you.

"This isn't earth shaking and only the latest in a line of personal successes. I smoke .. I know - ugh - and it is past cleaning time for the teeth. I really looked at them this morning - there was NO STAIN from tobacco & coffee on the inside of the lower teeth. Absolutely none - they look just like after a cleaning, only better, in that the "clean" is more uniform & natural looking. I know my mouth - they would be stained at this point in time. And furthermore, they literally "squeak" when rubbed .. obviously no plaque! I'm forever being surprised with little things like this that I didn't expect. We take about 1-2 oz/day, I guess, all said & done. The spraying of the mouth GOOD before bed is to me, the most important of all & done religiously." C.T.

TOPICAL USES

Some have used colloidal silver in a nasal spray mister û to reach the sinuses and nasal passages. Spray bottles have been used for topical use on kitchen and bathroom surfaces, skin, soar throat, eyes, burns, etc. Colloidal silver is painless on cuts, abrasions, in open wound, in the nostrils for a stuffy nose, and even in a baby’s eyes because, unlike some antiseptics, it does not destroy tissue cells. It’s excellent as an underarm deodorant, since most underarm odor is caused by bacteria breaking down substances released by the sweat glands.

"Cold and flu season is upon us. It used to be a time of misery, pain and suffering for me every year. At the first breath of winter, I would get that sneezy, coughing, runny nose, chills, and fever feeling and head for the drug store in obedience to the TV commercials. Though the medicines did little good for the cause of the problem, they did help the symptoms a little and then mercifully knocked me out at night for a few hours of fitful sleep. For the last four winters, I have not had a cold or the flu. I simply stay on my regular daily regimen of colloidal silver and winter is not a problem." E.J.

COMMON USES OF COLLOIDAL SILVER

Natural health practitioners have for years recommended taking one tablespoon daily, for four days, to establish a level, then one half-tablespoon daily for maintenance (proportional to body weight for children). After six weeks, a pause of several weeks has also been recommended by some natural healing arts doctors. Also, colloidal silver can be applied directly to burns, cuts, scrapes, and open sores, or on a bandage for warts. It can be applied on eczema, itches, acne, sunburns or bug bites. To purify water, add one tablespoon per gallon, shake well and wait six minutes. Mixed this way it’s tasteless. It is not an allopathic poison.

TOLERANCE TO DISEASE ORGANISMS

We have all heard of the “super-germs” that are resistant to most modern antibiotics. Some believe that single-celled germs cannot mutate into silver-resistant forms, as happens with conventional antibiotics. Therefore no tolerance to colloidal silver would develop through mutation. Also, colloidal silver has not been demonstrated to interact or interfere with other medicines being take. Inside the body, silver apparently does not form toxic compounds or react with anything other than a germ’s oxygen-metabolizing enzyme. Colloidal silver may truly be a safe, natural remedy for may of mankind’s ills.

Additionally, there has never been a drug interaction reported between colloidal silver and any other medications. It’s difficult to overdose unless extremely large amounts are ingested. Colloidal silver has been reported by uses to be both a remedy and a prevention for numerous infections, colds, flus, and fermentation’s due to various bacteria, viruses or fungi, even the non-apparent low-grade, general body infections many people have. Living organisms are in the colloidal-chemical state, not the crystalline state. The body may more readily assimilate substances already in that form. Colloidal silver is the most useable form of a reputedly effective germ fighter.

A colloidal suspension is ultra-fine particles of one substance, suspended by an electric charge in another substance. Homogenized milk and aerosol sprays are colloidal suspensions. Colloidal silver is pure metallic silver (not a chemical compound) of particles 15 atoms or fewer, each with a positive electric charge, and attached to a molecule of simple protein. This new particle floats in pure water. The electric charge is stronger than gravity so the silver particles don’t sink.

"My wife, Denise used to have a chronic bladder infection which would flare up every time she would have to sit for extended periods. She could sometimes fend it off with copious amounts of cranberry juice but more often than not, it was off to the doctor for antibiotics. Then we were introduced to colloidal silver by a friend. It quickly knocked out a bladder infection which was ongoing at the time. She stopped taking it as soon as the symptoms were gone for a few days. The next time she went on a trip, she got it back After awhile, she just kept taking a small maintenance dose and has had no sign of bladder infection. Another benefit has been the absence of all colds and flu, year after year."

PRODUCT QUALITY

Many brands of colloidal silver are inferior. The highest grade is produced by the electro-colloidal / non-chemical method where the silver particles and water have been collided, i.e., dispersed within and bound to each other by an electric current. The super-fine silver particles are suspended indefinitely in demineralized water. Ideally, colloidal silver is clear to a very slight golden yellow. Darker colors indicate larger silver particles that tend to collect at the bottom of the container and are not true colloids. If a product contains a stabilizer or lists trace elements other than silver, or if it needs to be shaken, it is inferior. If a product requires refrigeration, some other ingredient is present that could spoil. Some brands with high concentrations of silver may actually not be completely safe. High concentrations of silver do not kill disease germs more effectively than the save range of 5 to 15 parts per million (ppm.).

From the HealthFree Newsletter

http://www.healthfree.com/

The part I was hoping everyone would pick up on is that there are some vit and minerals that can be helpful as you are using it. I am very pleased that research is being done. He also states that what we call Coloidal Silver is actually ionic silver because it is ionically put into the water. I also use CS.

It is very true that a lot of CS can create a condition called argyria, a greying of the skin particularly skin exposed to the sun, it is considered benign, but once you get it, it will not go away. That is why it is generally suggested that you use this only to fight a bacteria or viral infection. It would take a lot taken daily to create this condition.

We made ours, I snapped the 9 volt batteries together, put the elctrodes on and took a side from a cracker box and doubled it put 2 holes through it for the electrodes and inserted the electrodes through the holes. It has worked this way for about 5 years and is still in good shape. I ordered a set of electroedes and an extra positive one since that is the one you use up.

Quote:
We made ours, I snapped the 9 volt batteries together, put the elctrodes on and took a side from a cracker box and doubled it put 2 holes through it for the electrodes and inserted the electrodes through the holes. It has worked this way for about 5 years and is still in good shape. I ordered a set of electroedes and an extra positive one since that is the one you use up.

Could you tell me who you order your stuff from?

I've been reading about having to add salt. Do you?
They say to only add it if you are going to consume it.
What's the salt for?
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if it was the flu or strep throat or what.

Last week I felt really bad.

I started taking colloidal silver. I took a teaspoon

twice a day. I only took it for two days.

My question is how long should I take it? I know two

day was not long enough. In fact I took some this morning.

Amoxocillan for example should be taken for 10 days. I'm

not taking CS for 10 days, I don't want to be a Smurf!

How long should a person take CS if they are sick?

I have no fear of taking CS as I would any antibiotic, I have used it up to 4 tablespoons every four hours for fighting off infections for the same length of time I would take anything else. That is how I take it, you have to decide for yourself.

Actually, true silver colloids cannot cause argyria. Argyria comes from silver nitrates.

If you make your CS with pure distilled water and pure 99.9% silver only, you have nothing to fear. Personally, I wouldn't add salt, or baking soda, as that increases the chances of making silver nitrate.

As for silver being a heavy metal, please read: http://www.silvermedicine.org/silver-heavy-metal.html

P.S. Quackwatch is not a source I consider reputable. Check out: http://www.quackpotwatch.org/

Archived