MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

State Pandemic Plans

shadypines

California has had a plan in place since 2001 with actual information gathering as early at 1998.

Page 1-12 blah, blah, blah

page 12

C. Pandemic Operations:

In the early stages of a pandemic, there may be no vaccine at all. The Federal Planning Guide indicates that a minimum of six to eight months would elapse before the tens of millions of doses needed could be produced for distribution. When vaccine first becomes available the demand will likely exceed the supply. This will occur because there will be only limited quantities produced initially and it is likely that two doses will be needed rather than the usual single dose, with a booster following approximately 30 days after the first injection.

page 13-34

blah, blah, blah

but I guess blah, blah, blah is bettern then nothing eh?

Interesting information, Schoolmarm. I'm pretty amazed my state has as many plans as it does and it's fascinating to read. Like all things with government I'm sure it looks more workable on paper than in real life, but it's helpful to get a headsup on what they're planning. I appreciate your sharing this.

My doctor I saw today even mentioned that if Avian Flu breaks out we'll lose some civil liberties of necessity. He thinks it will surface in particular areas, but not all because the government will enforce quarantines. I hope he's right, but considering our rapid transit today I tend to disagree.

well TN is on there and im not liking what i am reading about the nurses...going to fire off an email to the state board of nursing today to see what kind of answer i get...I dont like the idea of being "drafted" into working at a clinic...not with my DH at home without me ....and if I see this date right...it says may 15, 2003??? whats up with this???....Q

Ny is not in there either, doing a search for any info I got this for "Avian Flu"

STATE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICE (SEMO)

SEMO Web Search Results Page

Sorry. No results found.

Nothing nada..........

If you state isn't listed...

I suggest you go to the site where each state that has a plan listed and cut and paste what you like from each state.. and send your state a copy!!!!

tell them here! I did your work for you!

Archived