MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

#1000 Introduction

germanbini

Ok I will do this as I should to honor being the 1000'th member.

My name is Joan and I live in Ellensburg WA. I have 2 grown sons and a wonderful hubby of 30 years (just last week) .

I have 2 big dogs, one is a rottweiler the other a shepherd mix. I am known here for knowing how to train a dog and for feeding them natural foods. Although I think they trained me and right now I am using more kibble than I like.

I love the outdoors. I discovered this fact late in life, but I am more me when I am outdoors than when I am not. I hike and camp alot. I have rediscovered a place this year where my soul resides. I know that is an odd way to put it but it is how it is. Years ago we took family vacations at Holden Village, a christian retreat center isolated in the Washington Cascade mountains. It is one of the few places in the US that has to generate their own power and has no phone service at all. I am sure I will bore you all with this in later posts, but this is where I plan to retire to. Living in the outdoors in the most beautiful place in the world.

By trade,I am a librarian (non MLS) and work in our local public library. I am good at what I do but sitting at a desk all day is begining to get old for me. I can feel the nudge to do something else begining to grow.

Not much else to say. I used to be a member before, I drifed away and was invited back by Darlene. My old login had issues from the get go so I decided to create a new one and the rest is history.

Thanks so much

Joan

Happy 30th Anniversary blessings to you and hubby!!

Looking forward to hearing more outdoor hiking adventures and the retreat sure sounds like a 'heaven on earth' place to be. Thanks for sharing!!

welcome back!

Welcome back Joan, nice to see you again.

I've been a part-time librarian for years and love it. I work just enough to know what's going on and helping to choose the books. Choosing the books is the best part!

Quote:
I've been considering being a librarian since I have an obsession with books!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. You should know though that it is computers and not books that seem to dominate our work lives in the library. We also have DVD's MP3's, software, CD's and a ton of other media these days.

My last job was at the University and I worked at the

library. This library was very large. First I worked

in microfiche/preservation. Then I moved over to circulation.

In circulation I worked the front desk and I was the

search and recall department.

I love working in libraries!!!! While your working you

get to see all the new books that come in.

Archived