MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wed. Jan. 4, 2006

logcabinmama

That's the problem with living in Kentucky...you never know

what kind of weather you are going to get! It's going to be

56 today and we are going to get rain/snow tomorrow!!

The furniture repair guy just left. We purchased a couch

last year and a seam unraveled in one of the cushions. I

watched him and I could have repaired that!!! He said if

it continued they would have to order me a new cushion.

Luke is into EVERYTHING !!!! Nothing is safe in

this house! 15 months old and can throw a tantrum like

I've never seen.

Hoping this will be a better day. DH got his truck running so he went to work, and will probably be putting in a very long day to help make up for two missed days (plus the spending of around $200 to get the truck running, although a battery charger will come in handy later too) I will be waking DD soon for school

today is off to a slow start. i went to open a new pack of rice cakes, and it came open so suddenly that there were rice cakes everywhere. then when i made coffee, i forgot to put the carafe under the drip! good thing i realized it before it made to big of a puddle!

morrigan just woke up and she seems to be feeling especially chipper. she is singing away as only a 7 month old can. lol

last night she walked a few steps on her own.

snowmom, if you want to post a long post, try writing what you want to say in notepad or word, and then copy and paste it into the reply field when you want to post it. you can then add any smileys you want, and send it. if something happens and it will not send, then you can just copy and paste it again. i always save the file untill i know it has posted properly.

Good Evening everybody... haven't accomplished to much of anything lately... Just worrying myself until I made myself physically ill. Dh is really going downhill, and refuses to let me get him help.. I asked what was it going to take, me calling an ambulance, and he said yeah probably.. so that is the next step...the esophageal candidiasis is back with a vengence. and his throat is swollen, he can hardly get anything down even liquids.. the only thing sustaining him is the beer. He has even cut down a couple on that and the cigarettes... When he doesn't smoke at least 2 packs a day and drink a full 12 pack a day.. something is very wrong.. and he is sleeping a lot more now.. last couple of weeks he wasn't sleeping at all... So with trying to work and being stressed and ill myself.. It has been a very trying week.. Also had a co-worker, who I am very close too, she came running into the break room 2 nights ago, all upset,, her daughter, who hadn't been ill, just fell over with a massive heart attack and died...so a group of us got together and went to the funeral home last night, and then 3 of us from work went to the service this morning....I didn't go to the burial, I don't think my feet would have allowed it.. goes to show how often I wear heels...

Unike, I'm so sorry for you. I lost my dad when I was young, though not as young as your boys, and I think you are doing the right thing. Let them talk about it. Sometimes it is surprising just how much children understand. You need to take care of yourself too. Hang in there.

Quote:
I asked them, that when the time comes,do they want to be brought to the hospital so that they can tell their daddy goodbye for the last time, or would they rather not... I told them it was up to them and if they thought they could handle it or not... they chose to be there.

It's amazing how I can sit here and cry and feel pain for someone who I have never met before.. But I have found myself doing that rather alot when I read what everyone on this site has to say.. Of course I always have been overly emotional.. Mom used to say I wear my heart on my sleeve.. When she was dying we too read over the stages of dying.. The night it happened.. So much sadness yet so much relief.. Weird mix of emotions..

Unike I am so sorry for your little ones.. I wish I could make it all better.. Sometimes I know you need more than a virtual hug.. But here they are anyway...

Unike, your instincts are great. Keep trusting in them. You are doing a wonderful job helping your children cope with this very difficult and painful situation. My prayers are with you.

We just returned from the airport. DD and family just left to return to Okinawa. We had a wonderful visit! Was hard to say Goodbye to the grandchildren. They will be so big when we see them next - in about 1 1/2 years. Thank goodness for the internet. I promised our little granddaughter an ecard several times a week (or more often).

Take care everyone.

Unike, this is so sad... I don't know how old your boys are but, as much as you are all preparing for this, it's still going to be a big shock. I truly hope you have someone close by that will listen to you, and hold you when you cry.

It's not easy being strong; some people think it just comes naturally, and in a way it does but, there is also a heavy price to pay for that strength. Please take a few minutes here and there to revive yourself. When you finally fall apart from exhaustion, no one else is going to know how to handle it.

I've read this post a couple of times, and it just breaks my heart to know you and the boys are trying to stand up under this tremendous burden, but you will get through it. That's a promise made by the Almighty, and He never breaks a promise.

I kept wondering why your husband would refuse help, and that really bothered me until I realized that he's probably doing this for you and the children. Some people in a situation like this, knowing there is no hope for a full recovery, will try anything to stay alive and fight as hard as they can, but in the end, all that is left is a financial disaster for the family to try to pay. And the suffering for all involved is so much longer and much more painful.

I don't know your husband at all, but I'd like to think he's trying to minimize the problems he leaves you, and that it is his final gift to you.

I have a perpetual Inspirational calendar, titled 'This Too Shall Pass'. The last couple of weeks there has been a lot of quotes about grief and suffering. Today's seems to be written for you. It is;

'In our trials, God's heart is like the eye of a hurricane. When we find our centering place in him, we can be safe and secure in the worst of storms.'

I truly hope you understand what I'm trying to say to you, and that you are not offended in any way. I'm only trying to help lift you up a little. I would never add to your pain intentionally.

Remember that when times are really hard for you, the reason you only see one set of footprints in the sand is because God is carrying you.

I pray you all find peace.

Love,

Archived