MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

supplies- what have I forgotten?

Guest Guest

Vitamins!!!

I requested the samples, got two in the mail and tried it. I am now letting you all know that I purchased 3 boxes.. 2 for storage and one to use. I will continue purchasing boxes of true lemon. With 25% of the daily requirements in one package... I can add this to my drinking water to make it more palatable!

http://truelemon.com

this is the link, try the samples and see if this something you want to add to you pantry.

(they have lime too.. gotta try that one next!)

Lysol! I keep forgetting to put more lysol on my list.

oh and more anti-viral klneex (or what ever brand I can find.. seems it is in very low supply... like out! every where I go I look and the store is sold out.. hummmmmmm )

stool softener.. with a change of diet.. better to have it then not.

I stopped at two pharmacies (Kaiser Hosp. pharmacy and CVS Pharmacy) yesterday and found out that ipecac syrup (emetic) has been pulled and they are no longer selling them. The suggested substitute from the CVS pharmacy staff was charcoal tablets, and it turns out they only had one bottle left in the whole store -- behind the pharmacy counter. Interesting.

SnowMom, I don't think no smell would be so bad, particularly if the system breaks down---no garbage pick up,

bodies here and there (New Orleans situation) etc. It would be a plus then. At least in my way of thinking.

As far as supplies: Have you thought of extra parts for your vehicles you might need before it got so bad you wouldn't be driving them....spare radiator hoses, fan belts and the like. I think some people will be going to their safe places and having a break down would be a problem if you didn't have the spare parts. Spare oil, a can of fix-a-flat, I'm sure there's other stuff I haven't thought of. How about spare parts for things around your home that would be hard to come by. Plumbing supplies, electrical supplies. Not having to go out in public to purchase these items means less chance of catching any diseases going around. Of course, if no one goes to work, you couldn't get them anyway, for the stores would be closed, but at first, while there is some sort of business transactions, being able to have the items needed on hand is a plus. Go around your house and see what you use. Like, water and electricity, we kind of get used to things being there. When it isn't, then we miss it. Think about stuff you have and a what if I couldn't get anymore, do I need to stock up on it? Or is it something I could get by without and use the money to purchase other items really needed. I'd also being thinking about what I could substitute for any particular item in case my stock was depleted and it was something that was absolutely necessary. I'm still working on this aspect of it.

I will be picking up "Fire Brick". If I had to I could build a quick fireplace..where? in a sand bag house. I plan on building a small structure if I have to quarantine family members or friends. might make a nice sick room too!

Should I need to build a BBQ or brick oven having a pile of fire bricks will also come in handy.

They stack neatly, can be used as a path on the ground until needed (of course they will be diry but so what). Can be used as part of a raised bed. They are after all cement blocks... made to withstand fire.

The fire brick we used in our forge would crumble in no time if we walked on it - it is very soft. In fact, DH cut it with a plain old hack saw! Can you get some details on what you're getting? It sounds so much better then what we bought!

Quote:
Speaking of extra parts, how about extra shovel handles, ax handles, saw blades etc.

Great suggestion for extra parts. Has anyone said oil
lamp chimneys or matches? I also want to buy extra
fencing materials such as posts. If the economy, due
to the bird flu or any disaster, hits bottom I would
want to fence in my property.

Archived