MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm hooked...

MommyofSeven

I always find it interesting which posts they're reading.

Sometimes they've pulled up very old posts that make me wonder *why*. Like the winter prediction from a couple of years ago.

Hi everyone! I was one of those you would see as anonymous, I guess, for a long, long time, till I finally delurked yesterday. Can't speak for others, but I would pull up old posts (though not the winter one you mentioned, Cat) just to learn as much as I could from the vast wealth of useful and interesting information here. This place is a gold mine!

~~Loretta

By the way, congratulations, MommyofSix on becoming MommyofSeven! How wonderful for you! I love babies and couldn't have any, but we did adopt our beautiful daughter at birth, after 16½ years of marriage. We had three other adoption attempts that failed, but Jenny has brought us such joy and we thank God for her.

~~Loretta

Our 2 are adopted also Loretta. Marvelous kids with parents that adore them. Our son and wife are expecting their first child (my FIRST grandchild) in November. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

Oh by the way mommyof7, When I'm on I list as anon. There's a reason why I do it that way but I'm not going to tell!

You're very welcome, Mo7! I love hearing baby stories of all kinds. I'm so envious of you having your first grandchild on the way--I can hardly wait to have one. But since Jenn is only 16, I guess I'd BETTER wait, lol!

~~Loretta

We waited almost 7 years before getting Josh and THAT seemed forever. It was another 6 1/2 years wait for Kendra.

Having to wait to be a grandma with your daughter so young is a good thing!

Oh, you're definitely right about it being a GOOD thing that I'm having to wait to be a grandma, with my dd being only 16, lol. I do feel sad, though, when I see all my friends my own age with grandchildren nearly as old as my daughter...I fear I won't have as many years to enjoy my grandbabies as I would have had if we'd embarked on the parenthood journey earlier But then--we wouldn't have Jenny and I can't even begin to imagine not having her!!

~~Loretta

My DD will be 16 on Tuesday.. And she has a 4 month old son.. I absolutely adore him.. But I won't be 35 until next month.. I wish the circumstances would have been different but I wouldn't want to be without him now..

I thought about you when I made the post Buttercup and was sure you'd understand I was not criticizing you or your your daughter. We've all had unplanned things happen to us and feel, at the time, like it's the end of the world. In your situation you ended up with a beautiful little grandson, that you can't imagine not having in your life. You've been blessed!

Thirty four is very young to be a grandma but almost 60 (me) is very old to be a first time grandma. Who cares, we love them whenever they come!

Buttercup, no judgmental thoughts on my part, dear! I know my daughter's birthmother wished things could have been different in her situation, but we're so grateful she chose to have the baby and that she chose us to be the parents, since she had no support at all for keeping the baby herself. All babies are blessings, IMO, and how wonderful that your dd has you and your loving support so that she didn't have to feel alone in the world with her situation.

~~Loretta

Archived