MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lazy Saturday

mommafitz

Mornin' everyone. You're one busy lady mommafitz. Copperheads in the neighborhood, YIKES......I can't imagine!!!

I'm off to a quilting class this morning called Fat Quarters Shuffle. It's from 10-3 so will be a long day but fun I'm sure.

Yesterday I got to hear my grandbaby's heartbeat. My oh my, was that ever the neatest. There was this funny little noise and the Dr. said ah, he/she just kicked. This is all just too cool.

Must run, have a great day everyone!

Oh, Dee, that is so neat! Hearing the heartbeat is so cool! Congrats!

Mommafitz, LAZY Saturday? Doesn't sound like that's what you have planned!

Today I have to clean the bathroom....doesn't that sousnd exciting? More kitchen work, of course, and I need to make a broth from the chicken from earlier this week. Nothing too exciting. Working on meal plans for the next few months, too.

Mo7

Morning all. Yesterday got around 101 (that I know of), and Beth told me today was supposed to be hotter and DH told me it was supposed to be cooler, so who knows?

Brother Nick slept and drank water all day, brother Dustin never called or showed up, so I guess we're not going to WY. That's good right? Much to hot to be in a car for 14 hours with no air conditioning!

Don't know what the plans are today, I wish I could say DH would be working on something around the house, but I know that he'll want to leave when it gets too warm for him and not do anything. (and complain later that the house is a mess!)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi all!

Dee - have you seen an ultrsound of the baby yet? My DD has a DVD of hers. The little guy was doing backflips!

Today is another hot one here. It hit 116 yesterday and we had wind in the evening. No rain, just wind! Now I have messes to clean up outside.

Yesterday I went to Sam's and bought 200 lbs of dog food. I'll take 80 lbs up to my mom next weekend. I also picked up some canned goods. Went to Wally World and got a few groceries - prices on produce are outrageous! I did get a good deal on whole wheat flour $1.94 for 5 lbs. I also got some gluten and a jar of yeast. I'd like to do some baking, but with the heat...

I talked to my oldest DS this morning. He will be in from Okinawa for a couple of weeks next month .

I hope everyone else has a cooler day than I will have!

And a good morning to ya all! I'm tired but happy..no canning today! I'm going to pick more beans to break and can tomorrow, but the rest of the day is devoted to the house and getting it back in order. I like to can but my house suffers and drives me crazy!

We had rain again last night. It's cooled things off some here, too.

Mommafitz, a treehouse! I always wanted a tree house when I was young, but for some reason never got one. I think it's affected me emotionally!

That IS neat, Dee! Is this your first grandbaby?

I like the baby ticker you have posted, Mo7!

I hope your brother is alright, Star. Do you think he had a heat stroke?

Congrats on your son, goatherder! Will you get to see him? Is he coming home for the two weeks?

Everyone have a fabulous day and stay cool!

Kaye

Good morning everyone,

Mommafitz: I hope there is a pleasant little piece of today just for you. Girl, you have me picking up my feet just thinking about those copperheads!

Dee: That quilting class sounds fun. Love the name. Oh, gee-how wonderful to hear your grandbaby's heartbeat before you get to meet him/her.

Star: I've been thinking about you and wondering how your brother was doing. I hope he never forgets to bring water along on hot work days and takes some needed breaks from the sun and wears a hat!! I'm glad you don't have to travel in a hot car for that long distance. You need to print out that post in the humor forum about the lady who told her husband "You always ask what I do all day - today I didn't do it!"

GH: Good deal stocking in the dog food and other things. Isn't that the way that we get a yen to bake or something when it's so hot. Cooler days coming.

Kaye: Glad to hear it's a cooler day for you.

We had a cloud cover come in yesterday late afternoon that cooled things off nicely. Today is cooler (75) and tomorrow more so. I've been transplanting some things and still want to move some lady's mantle that has sprung up in odd places. I'll do some laundry to get ready for our vacation next week.

Have a good day everyone.

Archived