MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where to buy Flats wholesale?

Mother

I've been looking for a place to buy canning lids (flats) in the bulk. We saw them at an amish hardware store in sleeves of hundreds but I can't find them online. (Wish I would have bought them then). The cheapest online price I've found so far is 1.49 a dozen even in the bulk, plus shipping.

I found them locally for $1.29 a dozen but I was hoping to find them by the gross at least and cheaper than that. Anyone have any sources?

Thanks Nana, still figures out to be 1.49 a dozen but at least it doesn't have shipping on it. Guess I'll just bite the bullet and start buying those here for 1.29 and save myself some at least. Sometimes saving money is not easy.

I've bought lids from Gardeners Kitchen for a several years now and find them to be excellent quality lids. They don't have the website up anymore but if you email them, they will send you a price list and/or an order card. Here's the email addy: gkitchen@cape.com

The prices for reg. lids are $69.50 for 60 dozen (about $1.16 per dozen) wide mouth are $67.50 for 36 dozen ($1.88 a dozen) this price includes shipping. You can also get 1/2 cases for $42.50 for both sizes.

Quote:
Mother if you have a Big Lots close, they sell regular lids at $.99/doz. I purchased some the first of spring, have been back a couple of times and they have been sold out.

Our Big Lots sells both the regular and large mouthed for .99. Can't beat that! LOL! I'll have to take a look when I get out that way this week and see what they have.

ITA about Big Lots.....I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else. Interesting about the amish stores having sleeves of them. Would be a great way to purchase them!!!

Shawna

Archived