MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday already!

SueC

Hi everyone

I am still doing nothing! Today DH drove me to Uni to get a textbook and we did a little shopping before coming home. Going in I felt really bad, but was a little better coming home. I have decided to take the pain medication for a couple of days, If I dont take it I am completely useless. The other decision is to drop a subject at uni. If I drop it now there is no financial cost. If I have to drop it later, I have to pay to do it later. I am unsure whether the headaches will continue, - if I gave myself whiplash when my head bounced on the ground, then I could have recurring headaches, so by taking one subject out of my study load I wont have as much stress which hopefully will mean less reason for headaches. I feel good about this decision and will have summer off and do a full load next year.

My daughter sent me a parcel today and it had some seashells from the beaches up in the gulf. One of the shells was a sand dollar. It is so pretty, very fragile about 1/2" diameter and looks like it has been embossed with the picture of a star on the top.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, mine is wrapping up and I will sleep well tonight.

Good night!

Sue

Sue please take care of yourself. I'm glad that you are thinking about reducing your stress load.

Well, my Thursday started off pretty rough. I did something to my knee and I can't bend it straight out or put my weight on it without pain. I have to work today so I'm trying to work through the pain. I'm hoping it will get back to normal soon.

I don't have anything else going on today except for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Morning everyone! I didn't even have time to post yesterday. I swear, if something doesn't give and let me have a break I'm going to pull my hair out! Was gone all day yesterday, doctor's appointment, getting truck tags, groceries. Now it's canning again today and putting lime on my tomatoes to try and bring them out of their funk.

Don't you just love some doctors and their attitudes? Hubby went to his eye doctor yesterday and was supposed to get plugs put in to help with chronic dry eye. He kept asking questions about them..what if he reacted to them, could the doc get them back out easily, etc. The doc took offense that hubby was asking so many questions and refused to put them in. Once he even asked hubby, "What if you have a car wreck?" Then he looked at me and asked, "Do YOU worry every time you get in a car that you may wreck?", expecting me to agree with him. I looked at him and said, "As a matter of fact, I do. You don't?" That did it. He was through with us. Fine. We'll be hunting another doctor that believes a patient's body is his own.

Sue and LivingSimple, hope your luck turns good again real soon. Praying for you both to feel better.

Have a great day, all!

Kaye

Sue and Livinsimple, I hope you get back to normal soon! I just hate aches and pains.

Kaye, I never heard about those plugs. I have dry eyes too. No Dr. has ever mentioned them to me. Alot of Doctors are such a pain now. I have a nice friend who was asking her doc some questions, and he just walked out of the room without saying anything, and never came back. Jeez...I know it wasn't her cuz she is sooo nice. Why did he have to be so rude?

I haven't done too much today other than fixing breakfast and cleaning the kitchen. I guess I'll do the laundry when I finish here online. It is still hot here but not near as bad as it was last week! We could still use some rain though.

Have a great day all.

Dr's like thoses just ... grrrr!!!

My DH has those plugs and they don't hurt at all they are e-z to get out too. DH didn't even know when the doc put them in. the only trouble he had witht hem is that one fell out and the doc had to replace it with a larger one. but they have been a big help for DH. plus the doc explain everything so well and in detail that there wasn't any questions left for us to ask.

Our temps have dropped a bit, only made it to 98 today, it was 118 last week. We got 2.36" of rain Tues. night and a little more this morning. It really perked up my garden.

I stayed home from work yesterday to take my truck to the tranny shop. I had it to the dealer on Tues. and had an evap line leak fixed, tune-up and throttle body cleaned. That was over $300. I had been trying to get someone to diagnose the tranny problem for awhile, but apparently 'mechanics' nowdays don't know how to do that unless it's something that shows up in the computer codes! Well, to make a long story shorter, I had it in a few weeks ago, they couldn't find anything. The problem got worse and now it's costing me $2500 for a new tranny (remanufactured), new torque converter, new electronic clutch in the torque converter, and a tranny cooler. At least it comes with a two year warranty.

FYI if your vehicle seems sluggish when you are going from a stop, like it's in a higher gear than it should be and the RPM's go higher than usual on starting, or if it lurches when you start off like it's 'jumping' into gear, or if it kind of 'clunks' when you brake hard, you may have a torque converter problem. It won't show up on the computer check. The mechanic has to open it up and look at the tranny. Had they listened to me in the first place, I could have saved a lot of money!

I had to rent a car to get around since my truck will be on sick leave until tomorrow. At least it should be reliable for a few years after this!

Archived