MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hot Monday

Spider

From the weather report, it sounds like we all better have our sunglasses and tanning lotion ready today. We are supposed to hit triple digits and there is a heat advisory (guess we're joining the Midwest in this hot summer).

We spent the weekend at the boat... caught five really nice King salmon, anywhere from 12 lbs to 16 lbs each. We had a little time to anchor off shore (Lake Michigan) and dh did some swimming. I don't like swimming in that deep of water. I was sitting on the swim platform, didn't see a wave coming, and went sliding off the back of the boat. I'm bruised from my wrists to my calves from trying to catch myself.

Morning Spider, and all who follow! I haven't checked the weather yet, but I'm below you so I guess we'll get some of the heat. Oh my goodness! Sounds like you and Sue have both took tumbles lately. I hope you aren't too sore. My son would love to catch one of those big salmon!

I'm up earlier than usual. I have to go to town and pay the electric bill that was due two weeks ago that I thought I'd already paid.

Good Morning Everyone!

Spider - I sure hope your wrists and arms feel better soon. Sounds quite painful but glad you're okay otherwise.

Wish I was in MI, I'd help eat those salmon - yummy! Congrats on the catches I've got a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer. Just going to tidy up a bit this morning and then I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. I just had my teeth cleaned on the 21st and three days later I have a chip at the side of one of my back teeth. I'm ticked because I wasn't having any problems with that tooth until then - I think the hygienist may have gotten carried away. So say a prayer that I don't have to have any major work done to it.

I'm going to have to go through the boys clothes, yet again, and get rid of those that don't fit or are just down right torn up. I'm going to keep the jeans that are torn and hopefully will get some lessons on quilting soon so I can make a denim quilt. A gal in town has a pattern/instructions that she says are really easy to follow.

Well, better go and get that second cup of joe. Take care and have a Magnificent Monday!

Keep cool!

Here in the deeeeep south....yikes...we're cooking in our skin suits. Thank the good Lord for a swimming pool. But even with that, I won't let the boys get in until the late afternoon, the sun is soooo hot.

I'd like to have the info on that denim quilt, sounds neat, with four boys....I have lots of denim, no doubt.

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

Morning all! Sunny here today, but yesterday we got some much needed rain, it felt so good! We went to Summer's b-day party and stood outside and got soaked, it was great after all the heat. It looks like it might be back today though.

Friday I picked blackberries with a couple neighbors and I got two little buckets (2 gal?) and used one bucket and made 3 batches of jelly. And it jelled (I was so glad!) Where's that Darlene, who thinks she's innocent? She sent that canning bug over here to bite me! LOL.

I had a major brain fart with the berries after I got the juice out though, and looked at them and wondered what I could do with them, it seemed like a waste to throw them away. I called my Granny and asked her what I could do with them. (what kind of stupid question is that? geez) She told me I could make jam or make a cobbler, whatever I wanted. DUH!!!!! Can I can a cobbler? (Darlene...where are you? lol I'll hug you for giving me a canner, smack you for making me want to can EVERYTHING, then hug you again for giving me a canner, lol)

Have a great day everyone and stay cool!

Hot Monday for sure! WE are supposed to get a break from the heat, though, tomorrow. Thank goodness!

WiccaD, that's kind of how I'd feel if someone gave me a canner LOL.

Snow, you are always so busy! I wish I had your energy. The heat is just draining mine away!

Stephanie, Welcome from me as well! What beautiful scriptures you have in your sig!

Kaye, I do that all the time. I finally told DH, would you please say "Did you pay the phone bill?" etc so that he can be helpful in some way (he's clueless about our money, no matter how much I explain to him that he really needs to be more involved).

We're going to have to tell the kids about the baby. DH and I had wanted it to be "our little secret" for awhile, because the others weren't. But our neighbor figured it out after watching me turn 5 shades of green the other morning, and he told his wife, who hasn't the gift of a closed mouth. She came over yesterday and just blurted it out. Thankfully none of the kids were in the house, I odn't want them finding out like that.

I got a few things done this morning but it got really warm really fast. So I'm back to sweating in front of the TV (or computer when baby Roan is asleep). We are, however, supposed to get some rain today so taht should cool it off enough that I can get more done.

Dinner tonightis cheeseburger pie, oldest DD's request. Oldest DS is home from his dad's, I'm so happy to have all the normal kids back home. Hoping my stepsons will come visit for the holidays, though.

HOpe everyone has a great day!

Mo7

Archived