MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What a Wednesday!

SueC

I'll second that description....what a day indeed!!

I'm wired

I think I am a real "nester", ya' know? Gathering my little bits of fluff and comfort all around me.

I suppose that this is my birth dad that I haven't seen in five years adds to the pressure...but geez, I need to get over it and be a calm hostess...instead of worrying about mopping the corian tile one more time.

Well, i'm off to make a sugar free dessert, he is diabetic also. It's called "Green Stuff" and it's really easy and really good.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Stephanie

Make that Wacky Wednesday and it's about right! Sent hubby off to the 'new' range this morning to do some rifle work. Whilst going out the door, a pair of baby geckos ran in, exciting the 3 monkeys! Managed to chase one "Geico" back out, but the second is hiding on my couch... :rolleyes:

Laundry started, and trash out for pickup. Maybe will practice some archery while it's still cool out. Or maybe help the monkeys chase the gecko around the inside of the couch.

--Vic

Good afternoon all.

Sue-Good to see your staying on your toes:)

Stephanie- You are just like me with the making everyone miserable before company arrives thing. I hope all turns out well. Youll have to post the recipe to your "Green Stuff" Im a bit curious as to what that is.

Vic- Cute monkeys. I was beginning to really wonder. I have 3 "monkeys" myself.

Snowmom- I think Ill be bringing my brude to your house for dinner. Set 5 more places It sounds delish!

Today Im just trying to hang in there. I had a nervous break down yesterday.. or I just fell off my rocker. Im not sure which. I felt a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out how to get everything done I need to get done on a daily basis. So today Im trying to stay calm and just do things as I think of them. Making sure the children are taught and fed and that the house chores and animals get taken care of. I got the bills paid first thing so thats out of the way. I might even try canning Dar's Chicken Soup that she did this week. But not if Im a nervous wreck! LOL

I hope you all are having a good day.

What a Wednesday is RIGHT! Started to get on here about 9 this morning after taking care of my potatoes from yesterday-ended up putting 34 qts. on the shelves in the root cellar, 3 in the fridge (didn't seal), and 1 in the garbage (get THIS-the bottom was cracked-all the way around-the only reason it didn't fall out was cuz it was actually sealed. The jar was dry-no liquid in it and I thought it had all just bubbled out, like it depressurized too fast, which I thought odd cuz I always wait at least 30 min. with potatoes so as NOT to loose liquid. So anyhow, the only way I noticed it was broken was that the jar was making this really soft hissing sound.) So with all the canning going on right now, everyone be careful-if something seems odd-look closer.

Anyhow-potatoes taken care of and getting on Mrs.S and the guy shows up to give us an estimate on installing the wood stove-WHOA-YIKES-Way more than we thought! So it looks like we're gonna be figuring out how to do alot more of it in the do-it-ourselves fashion. Don't think it'll be done by the end of next week.

Archived