MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fantastic Friday!

SueC

Morning back SueC!

I've managed to work all week except for Mon (holiday) of course. Usually I'm in bed by 10 or so but working I don't get to bed till after midnight quite an adjustment.

It's foggy and chilly this morning....hopefully the sun will pop out this afternoon so I can take ds and play kickball with him.

Hope all is well in your neighbourhood. Have a grrrreat weekend!

Today it's clean the kitchen and laundry day. Of course, I haven't been able to get into the laundry room, but I have talked our complex manager into changing the hours of the laundry room to make it easier on everyone.

Did I tell you folks that I'd been selected to be on the Board of Commissioners for the housing authority that we live in? I get to help make policy and decide what kinds of things need to be done around here. Anyway it is because of that that the laundry room policies got changed. Before the lr was only open from 9-4, m-f. Makes it hard for folks who work to take care of laundry, plus is rather limited for those who have lots of laundry to do. Now it will be open 7 days, 7 am until 9 pm. Our laundrymat in town charges $2.00 per wash load and $.25 for 5 mins of dryer time. Gets quite expensive! I'm glad that we've already been able to do something positive for our little community!

And for those of you that listened to my mold woes, new windows are on the list LOL. HOpefully that will help.

Anyway, just sat down here to type and read as I ate a quick snack, need to get back to work. Kitchen is almost done, but my laundry is flooding the hall and i need to take care of that!

Mo7

Afternoon all!

I went to my kids' conferences today. DS's teacher said he's very bright and she loves to see how when she asks the class questions, she can see him thinking and his face lights up when he comes up with an answer. She said especially when she asks a more advanced question, and DS always has an answer, she's very impressed. She said his letter recognition is really good, and his math skills are fantastic. The state only requires that by the end of the year, the kids count to at least 31. DS can already count to 100!

DS is doing great too. Her math level is at 4th grade, second month (and she's a 4th grader), she doesn't like math, we have to work on that. Her reading is exceptional. Her understanding of vocabulary is a 7th grade, 6 month level, and her reading comprehension level is 12 grade, 1 month level! I had no question she's a great reader, she's read all the Harry Potter books, Clan of the Cave Bear (definately not a kid's book!), and she on the 25th book in the Xanth series by Piers Anthony!

So far, so good. , I'm always so relieved to hear good about my kids, especially that it seems to be only around me that they misbehave)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pretty boring day today. I woke up late, then didn't get much of anything done, then went to work.

DBF says I have to get up early tomarrow and go help him cut and load wood. Ugggh.

Hope everyone had a more exciting day than I did. (I think it would be impossible to have a LESS exciting day.)

Archived