MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Saturday!!!!!

mommafitz

Hi Mommafitz! We've had a quite a week too. Part of our extended family is in quite a crisis. It has been brought about by a heinous sin being allowed to go unchecked. I ache for them.

Meanwhile . . . hear at home we have processed 6 bushels of apples, tucked the garden in for the winter, and done some home repairs that were badly needed. The woodstove is in and we have used it twice already. I am so thankful for free heat!

Kim in IN

So sorry your friend passed away.

It sounds like you have your hands full for the next few days.

Saturday has been a slow day, I watered the neighbours roses, read a good book, worked on the Christmas decorations, researched a bit more on canning in Australia, and had a sleep (apparently I crashed out for 2 hours!) Oldest DD made pizza for lunch and we had roast chicken breasts with veges for tea.

My capsicum are flowering again so I am hoping that means a second harvest from them. The mango is in flower, but not much sign of setting fruit yet, so it might be a light year. Temperatures were warm today, I was looking to turn on fans for a while. Otherwise an ok day when the ants were not annoying some one - they are bad this year.

Have a great day, I am off to bed so I am fresh for church tomorrow

Sue

Good afternoon everyone! Just returned home from doing a sewing project for "Operation INASMUCH". We completed a queen size quilt and a twin size quilt for Ronald McDonald House, and 14 crib quilts for Children's Hospital. We had 11 of us working on the project. Very tired, but so excited about what we accomplished. Our weather was dreary this a.m.; but is beautiful now. After I get off the computer, may try and do some laundry...or may not. lol Have a wonderful day!

Life has been absolutely CRAZY around here also. I always thought that, someday, when I retired... life would slow down, mellow out, and become... peaceful. No more rushing around, no more crisis every other hour, sleep all I want, you know? Retirement has NOT been like that around here at all, let me tell ya. Somewhere along the way, I've developed a sleep disorder - and now can't sleep when I want to. The crises may have slowed down - but now when they happen, they seem so much BIGGER. Retirement may not be as "peaceful" as I thought it would be - but I guess it's better than the alternatives. LOL

MommaFitz & Kim - hope life settles down for you soon.

SnowMom, thanks for the reminder on the clocks tonight. I had forgotten that was tonight.

MomM - I think that is great about the quilts for Ronald McDonald House & Children's Hospital. Congrats.

This is the first sunny day we've had here in over a week.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Retirement.... HA!!!! I'm also trying to retire. Am now swamped with more work than when I had 3 young'ns at home. My ever so helpful children tell me I'm so much older and slower; it only SEEMS like I have more work. LOL. Have 24 qts of chili in the jar & sealed today. Have one SIL & his friend here deer hunting. Wouldn't you know the #@*#### buck that had ruined my berry bushes is no where to be found. He obviously read the paper. . It's a great day; Dear GS is here, and everyone is due here for supper at 6. We'll have fresh venison steaks, baked potatoes, green salad, deviled eggs, and apple cake w/ icecream. Well, last canner is finished..gotta go. Have a wonderful weekend.

Archived