MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

chicken expiriment passed!

usually when i cook chicken in the slow cooker, i put a cup or so of chicken broth in the bottom. well, i am all out of broth, and out of oxo cubes, so, instead of plain water, i put a cup of unsweetened cranberry juice in! it was awsome! it smelled great, and tasted better, everyone is stuffed, and i am happy. yum yum! and the best part is, i have an oven now i can bake a spice cake for dessert!

by the way, all i put in the cooker was

8 pieces of chicken, about a dozen smallish potatos, quartered, 3 cloves of garlic: quartered, 2 smallish onions, also quartered and a cup of cranberry juice, unsweetened. i made 2 cans of creamed corn as well, but only because the slow cooker was so full that the carrots i wanted to add woundn't fit

however, you may want to have a veggie that is not so sweet because the cranberry juice, though it is unsweetened, is still pretty sweet naturally. corn is a very sweet veggie, especially when it is creamed. :P

Hey, Pixie! I have a GE Spectrum range that looks just like that, except the control panel and the oven door & handle are black. I love the fact that it's self-cleaning! You can also raise the top to clean under the burners... that's just for future reference.

I did whole chicken in the oven the other night I sprinkled it with garlic and onion powders a few flakes of red pepper a little rosemary and water.. Then half way through cooking I basted it with a half a can of pepsi (I went off Cat's idea in another thread).. Hubby said it had a great taste and then when I told him what I used he couldn't believe it!

i love expirimenting, and i especially love it when it tastes good! lol

so far i have baked 4 cakes, and 2 dozen muffins, i have plans for some banana bread and cookies. oh wait,. i baked a meatloaf and a batch of bisquits shaped like stars.

hmm...i have an awsome recipe for you then. when i make them, they do not last 10 minutes! i will dig it up and give it its own thread.

Archived