MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold Monday

mommafitz

Mommafitz, glad you plan on resting. Sitting at the doc's office always makes me tired.

((((((((((((Pixie))))))))))))) for whatever happened.

MomM, I imagine your daughter would have a ahrd time. That is certainly sound advice about getting married.

Our weekend was filled with "stuff". The funeral on Saturday was interesting to say the least. As I've said, I've not been to many funerals, but I surely want mine to be like the one I went to. First, the Patriot Guard Riders were there. Those are the guys that stand in between the protesters at the military funerals. Mr. J. was active with them, and he did the Ride to the Wall several times. The roaring sound of about 50 bikes could be heard all through town, and they pulled up, unfurled their American Flags, and stood there while the guests came in. It was beautiful. Then once the service started, we sang lots of songs, and people told stories about Mr. J. Lots of laughter, and some tears. I really wish I had known him better. At the end the Fire Department did their Last Call ceremony and that was really emotional. As I saw my husband standing up there in his uniform and the radios announcing Mr. J's involuntary retirement, I knew someday we'd be doing this for him and that was hard to think about. I think a large part of it was that it was just too soon after my dad's funeral for me to go to another funeral with pregnancy hormones involved LOL.

Afterwards they put out a buffet so there was lots of food, fellowship and laughter. It's strange to say we had a good time at a funeral, but we did. Saw some friends we hadn't seen in awhile, so that was great as well.

Then that night we had the Firefighter's Banquet. Last year the folks we sat with, one of the ladies drank a LOT, and kept talking trash about her husband. I felt so badly for him. He's our Assistant Fire Chief, and these guys really respect him, so that was totally out of line. We went in this time and DH said "Where do you want to sit." and I said "Anywhere but with them." We got there early and most tables were empty so we sat alone for a bit and guess who sat with us?!?!?!?! Thankfully, the wife only had one drink this year so there was no ugliness. All in all we also had a good time there with lots of laughter and joking. My DH got two awards, I was really proud of him. DH has been sober for about eight years now and these nights are really a test for him. Most of the guys stick to beers which is what DH really loves, and seeing the beer bottles all over the tables was so hard for him. But he resisted and I told him that I was really proud of him for that. Most of the time he has no problems, but sometimes he needs a little extra strength to see him through, and I feel so gifted to be able to give that to him. We were invited up to the bar for an "after party" but we declined to go. I think DH could have handled it, but DD had been watching the littles for most of the day so we wanted to get back to her so she could be done with that responsibility.

And it's a good thing we did cause Roan was teething. He was up most of the night so we didn't go to church again. I didn't want to take him to the nursery when he was miserable. So Sunday we did some laundry, did some cleaning, and then watched football.

Today I have to work in the kitchen and living room, and hopefully get at least some of the bread for Thanksgiving baked. I have a bit of bread in the freezer but not enough-I just didn't have enough room! But I can at least get that out and dried. I forgot to get carrots at the store yesterday so I have to go pick some up. We will do a pretty low key deal, none of the folks we invited are coming, I think most of them don't want me to do more work, and DH has to work. We usually have dinner later anyway, so that's no major deal, but I will miss having him home. He will hopefully be home for Christmas, though. It will be the first one where Roan is aware a bit of what's going on.

OK, I think that's enough for now, I've written another book LOL.

Mo7

It was sunny but now we are beginning our next storm wave. I folded some laundry and have dinner in the oven. Pork roast, mashed potatoes, corn and leftover dessert from a church dinner on Saturday. I was really down all day yesterday. I didn't sleep Friday at all, Saturday I helped prep for the dinner. By nine, I was sooooooo tired. I was sick most of the night. I may have eaten some dairy in something. I really try to avoid dairy. I was so tired I didn't go to church. I slept in until almost 9 am. Last evening I went to bed early and slept through the night. I feel so great this morning. I do not sleep well most evenings. DH is a champion snorer (even with his CPAP machine) so I sleep in the living room most nights. I cut black on fluids to keep from getting up to go in the middle of the nights. Most of the time I need a large glass of cold water since I feel so dehydrated. Anyway good afternoon everyone.

thanks for caring. it nothing really happened yesterday, other than a million little things going wrong, when i tried so hard to do them right...by 9:00 i was in tears. i worked hard on that soup and it was not ready to eat untill WAAAAAAAY past my bedtime. by the time i ate a bit and went to bed, i climbed up the stairs and went to lay down on my bed but there asas a TON of laundry on my bed that pat had not put away. so i started clearing it off my bed only to find that behind/benieth the piles of laundry were furniture pieces and appliances we dont use!! i was mad, so i thought "screw this" and i grabbed my pillow and a spare blanket and slept on the couch. pat set my alarm in the living room for me, but he set it for 6:15 PM, not am. it went off during dinner.

for dinenr today we had black bean soup mixed with sour cream and salsa and ate it asx a 3 layer dip with nachos. it was sooooo good! now pat has volunteered for me to go and choose which planters i want from my inlaws place. they are getting rid of most of thiers. i have been on my feet all day and he is away, so i have to walk there in the dark with a baby and get these planters(filled with soil) and bring them home. he OBVIOUSLY was NOT using his brain at all when he made those arrangements. and i told him that i did not appreciate him saying that i would go get them tonight and he suddenly got a "fine, i dont care if you get free planters" attitude. so i growled at him and fed him dinner. lol so he volunteered his mother(who is working a 12 hour shift in the er) to drive us. (he never learns!)

i am going to have to teach that boy how the world really works, and that it does not revolve around him! but he DID have most of the house cleaned by the time i got home from work.

i just found out today t hat in februrary pat and scott will be staying in kamloops for a month for work. and that pat is getting a dollar raise next payday. pat thinks that we will have more money now. i figure that it will simply put us in another tax bracket, and we will actually take home less. it sucks but that is often the way the government works. our notice to renew our daycare subsidyit up and since pat is making mopre now, we will likely have to pay more for daycare. right now we get a full subsidy, but at the time we first applied, we were below the poverty line. we are not below it anymore.

3 appliances i want most deep freeze, hoover steam vac, and a pressure canner. those 3 things are tied at #1 on my wish list. number 2 on my wish list is a new sofa set. #3 is cheesecake. jo! do you have the recipee?

well, i am gonna call my mother in law...see if she really can give me a ride. lol that pat!!

have a good evening everyone!

THE cheesecake recipe! wedding cheesecake! i keep asking mom for it, and i have given up getting it from her. she said that you have it though.

I do not have the recipe! Last time I saw it was shortly before your wedding, stuck on the front of mom's fridge! I'm sure you could find a similar recipe...It's a no-bake cheesecake. It has lemon juice in it.

~Jo

Archived