MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Nice of them to put an accurate figure on it

UKGuy

Nov. 23 (Bloomberg) -- A severe influenza pandemic would cost the U.S. $623 billion, the World Bank said.

Economists at the Washington-based World Bank estimated a contagion capable of killing more than 1 percent of people worldwide could cause losses of $1.5 trillion to $1.8 trillion globally.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend that works in a rather large insurance office. She deals with life insurance. She had to go to a week long conference a while back that was spent entirely on the bird flu complications. The outcome is bleak. She was soooooo depressed when she came home.

I have stepped back from keeping up with all this latest info since I have been recovering from my surgery. I have felt a need to up my preps for a couple of weeks now since we have really depleted them since I've been off work.

I think I better not wait.

Thankfully I go back to work Tuesday.

mommafitz

The head of the Health Department in my county is so laddi-da about it. He's just telling people to be basically prepared with 72 hours worth of food and wash your hands alot. They are planning to do drive-throughs for vaccine distribution and haven't addressed how the disabled, mentally ill, the aged or other wise homebound people will be treated!

samantha

Archived