MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We're home!

mistylady

I just had a few minutes to sit and thought I'd let everyone know that we made it! DH and his helper buried the U-haul in the mud first thing and a nice neighbor saw from his house and came over witha tractor and pulled them out. They torn up my front yard like you can't believe. Tore down the fence, ripped up the grass and came within a cat's whisker of taking out the propane tank. Mud pit now. But after that two hour delay we got back into gear. At 2 am we went to bed - the kids stayed up until 1 since I lost some of the parts to their beds and had to "fix" them my way. They aren't perfect beds but they work and they are safe. Yesterday we got the rest of the little stuff out of the rent house and I cleaned. It's not the cleanest thing in the world but its better than when we moved in. I hope and pray we get the security deposit back and soon.

The kids love the new place. They don't want to play with toys - they like mommys piles of bags of stuff! My kitchen is almost beyond help and the bedroom is horrible but it'll get done. So I'm off to work on the kitchen again. I need more cabinets! Or less stuff!

Take care everyone! See you soon!

Yea! Now just take it easy getting unpacked. That means doing the essentials first, then just a couple of boxes a day. The kids can help - give them a box of safe stuff, let them unpack it and bring it to you so you can either put it away or tell them where it belongs. They can take empty boxes and flatten them or take them out to where the empty boxes need to go. Make this a fun game for them!

Archived