MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pumpkin Bread

Possibly the best pumpkin bread yet~I cannot take credit for it though as I got the recipe from my dear mother in law.

3C sugar

(you can substitute up to 2 C Splenda for an equal amt of sugar)

1 C salad oil

4 whole eggs

1 1/4 t salt

2/3 C water

1 15oz can pumpkin, or 2 C worth

3 1/2 C flour

3 t baking soda

1 t heaping, cinnamon

1 t heaping, nutmeg

Combine everything and mix well. Bake in 4 1 lb coffee cans or 2 regular loaf pans or 4 little loaf pans. All pans MUST be greased then floured FIRST. Bake 1 hr at 350 F, check for done with a toothpick.

Thanks for sharing this Vic...I have a ton of canned pumpkin I need to rotate out, and this would be perfect to make with it. I'm willing to bet, if wrapped right, it would freeze great to be taken out later. I do that with my zuke bread all the time and it really makes it nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Vic, just so you know, I have 4 mini loaves and 2 full size loaves in the oven right now baking...I'm making some of them to give out as Christmas presents along with some of my other home made items...

In half the batter I put fresh cranberries to add a little zing...I'll let ya know how it comes out in about 30 minutes...lol

It came out absolutely awesome! I'm eating a piece right now. Your pumpkin bread has an awesome flavor to it and the cranberries just add a little zing here and there.

If you like cranberries, try it next time you make some pumpkin bread!

Archived