MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need prayers for grandma

mistylady

I just got word that my grandma is in the hospital in California and is in bad shape. She is 95 years old. She had a stroke. She has dementia (spelled wrong) and I haven't seen her in ten years but she lived down the hill from me and she pretty much raised me. Her dementia makes it so she doesn't know who most of us are. So I try to just remember her from the last time I saw her over 10 years ago. Last time I tried to call her she didn't know who I was. I know she is old but she is so special to me and I don't want to give her up. Its selfish I know b ut she and I never talked about God and I don't remember ever hearing her pray or seeing a bible. My father (her son) is a nonbeliever and I fear for what will happen. I know she needs to be at peace but I hope and pray that even as far gone as her mind is that she comes to accept the Lord and we will meet again someday. She's a wonderful woman.

And what made it really bad last night when I learned about her condition is my husband had no feelings at all. He said she could have made the right choice and said I was wrong to worry for her. His grandma is saved so he knows he'll get to see her again. His attitude was awful. So he isn't going to pray for her. I'm asking that everyone on here pray for her. Maybe He'll knock and she'll be lucid enough to answer before its too late. Thanks everyone.

Oh girlfriend,

How awful for you and your family. Your grandmom's in my prayers and thoughts. I don't have words of wisdom for you other than your much loved and we're all here for you.

Warm hugs and prayers

I'll be praying too Misty, for all of you! I'll be praying for your husband's attitude

I don't think you're being selfish at all. One of my grandma's died and she had dementia too, it's an awful thing and it's hard on the whole family.

I have no real theological basis to back this up except.......

Knowing that God is sooo loving and soooo wishes for us all to come to Him, even in the "eleventh hour".....

I have just always thot that in that final second before true death He asks one more time, "NOW will you yield to me? I love you so!"

And I cannot believe that The God Almighty would let a minor thing like dementia get in the way of that oh-so important choice.

Awwww....Misty, I believe you will be with your Grandma again. My religious beliefs are a curious mix, but I really do believe that people who are good at heart are favored by the Lord. Hugs to you. I know this must be a difficult time for you.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and prayers. I needed a kick in the ol faith button! She's a wonderful woman and you would all just love her! She used to run up the hill and thats when she was in her 70's! Full of life and love. Thats way I'll always think of her.

Thank you again my friends.

Archived