MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

what I woke up to

mistylady

I'm so glad it's you and not me. I know I'm being a big baby about this, but I do not like the cold...I have been chipping ice off my car windows almost every morning this week...What is up with that??!! I need sunshine and at least 60 degree temps...whine, whine, whine.....Stacy

Stacy, we have 41 degrees here too at 2pm. But we have wonderful solar gain instead of wind chill. THIS is why I live here. Thermometer outside in the sun says 63 degrees.. Just don't stand in the shade or you'll cool 20 degrees. ;-)

I had a great horse ride yesterday. Looks like some of the same weather for the farrier (one who shoes horses) to come tomorrow. This involves standing outside for up to 2 hours, holding horses for him to apply new shoes. He's working hard but sometimes I'm freezing if weather isn't right.

THIS too, is Colorado weather. Not always that nasty stuff. We're out in T-shirts & jacket.

Ahem, .....but 'course come sundown, you loose heat instantly and we're back to teens/single digits for night time lows.

I refuse to lay down & nap/rest this afternoon. It's tooo nice! I'm digging thru the garage finding canning jars and bringing them up to wash. Good Grief! I've got the things scattered all over the place!

Hang in there, gals. If our weather is any indication, better days are coming.

MtRider

Archived