MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas is just around the corner....

Sunnyboysx3

Are you ready?

I've got so much to do! One parcel has been shipped out, I've still got tons to do. This weekend I'm going to see what I can do about that. I still have all stocking stuffers, presents for family to shop for and also will make up a few homemade goodies to give away.

How about you?

Not ready at all!!! The only thing I've done is sent out cards for the exchange for MrsSurvival and bought some other cards to send out. The weather is nice and warm and if it stays that way tomorrow we'll get outdoor decorating and hoping to get some shopping done tomorrow. The UPS guy has been here 3 x in a row this week with gifts from my MIL for the boys so at least she's on the ball

With one thing and another, we're well behind with our preparations for the festivities and now my number 2 at work has gone down with chicken pox so I'll probably not see another day off this year. Got any good ideas for DWs Christmas present????

I am putting up a poster at work saying that in leiu of sending out cards, I will be making a donation to a topical charitable cause. (Last year it was to Assist the survival of an African Child).

Anyone of my colleagues can also make a donation and write their Christmas message that would have been in their cards on the poster instead of passing around their cards.

That's a nice idea, UK Guy.

Bookworm, I've bought the cheap-o gingerbread kits before. They are very easy to do. You just mix the frosting powder with water, and turn the kids loose. The frosting serves as glue to hold the pieces together and the candies to the roof, etc. It hardens pretty quickly, so no dawdling!

UKGuy...

My mom usta always tell my dad that for Christmas she wanted...

Something pretty, personal and feminine.

My dad did pretty good staying within those boundries and she's a happy girl.

Sounds like some of you are really ready and others are not. Don't feel bad, we sure aren't ready either.

I have gotten our Christmas Letter ready but not sent yet, we did send our pkg to our DD in TX. and have one to go to CA. and one to my niece Kaye in the nursing home in the southern part of MN.

I want to get some goodies made today to ship and then I am in hopes to sort of relax a bit. Only a few things left to wrap and some will go into bags.

Archived