MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Re-tracing the past

Mare

During the last year or so, I have been looking for people from my past, mostly that I loved, but cut off contact because they were mutual friends of me and my ex.

I guess being married to Cavey helped me get past that. Last summer I got in contact with the Sheriff who used to live across the street from us. He was delighted to hear from me. It's been 25 years since I talked to him, and I was amazed at how receptive he was to my calling out of the blue. He used to keep a bottle in our well house, and his wife could never figure out why he spent so much time at our house. He would pull me over on the highway, and me, thinking I was about to be ticketed would be scared, but he just pulled me over to chat. What a fun character he is. He became a Judge after I left the south, and is now retired. I'd so love to see him again.

This last week I finally found a very dear friend who helped me through that dark, terrible period 25 years ago. I talked to the daughter, and found out that her mother, my dear friend, was still alive, but is in a nursing home. I called her, and she broke down when she heard my voice. She said things did not turn out the way they were supposed to. I told her how much I loved her, and how much she and her family did for me, and she said she always loved me like one of her daughters. When I think of all the kind, unselfish things this family did for me in a period of darkness and profound unhappiness, I feel compelled to make it out to the south east coast to see her. I've always loved her. Her husband is gone now, but to hug her would be the ultimate sealing of a circle of love. I've talked with my family, and they agree that I should make the trip, and I will be trying to. Airfare is terribly expensive, but I'll be watching for a good deal. I'd love for my Mom and Cavey to be able to go with me to meet my lovely friend. I thank those forces who helped to reconnect with such precious friends.

I also found one of our former Mrs. S members, and I hope that she will post again. I've missed her terribly.

Just had to share. My heart seems to runneth over with love these days.

How neat you found her before it was too late, Mare. I'll just bet your call made her week.

I've recently been connected to my college roommate. I just got a delightful email from her this morning. We've begun that fun game of "Do you remember when we did this...." We were roommates our first two yrs so we have a lot of funny memories from those times. And since we weren't drinkers....we can actually remember what we did during those years..

MtRider

This is wonderful Mare! I'm so glad you found her! And the cost of the trip will be nothing compared to the love you will give and receive.

Used to car rental agencies would pay people to take cars back to airports that needed cars. I dont't know if they still do but it might be a good way to have your expenses paid for if possible.

There was a woman who helped me. I was a teen and she was about ten years older. I've looked for her, but never spent any money (such as People Finders) to find her, but, my... I hope the Lord lets her know how much she helped me. I was dealing... well, it's best left in the past. But she had BTDT, and she helped me find my way to forgiving. Which totally altered the course of my life. God bless her.

I am truely happy for you Mare.

Archived