MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Yet another blizzard!

brightblessings5

Mommyof7 and MtRider - hope you are both safe and ready for yet another blizzard to come through.

News was full of the "food shortage" around here. Store shelves haven't recovered from the last storm, deliveries haven't been able to get through. Stopped in to a local store to pick up some produce and the shelves were stripped clean! A few sorry looking apples and some bags of wilted lettuce - yikes! Guess we'll stick with frozen.

Stay safe

I got that same info from my family on the EASTERN slope!! No tomatoes, certain fruits etc. And that was Eastern slope we-had-3-inches-of-snow territory as oposed to Denver's 2 feet of snow!

I hope your all doing okay???

I think Mo7 was maybe having computer issues. Not sure. She did post somewhere, but can't remember where. Not much help, am I?

Look out Bright B & Mo7 (if she can 'see' us)

8:00am and it's just started snowing in the Mts. Hey, it's not supposed to hit till afternoon! It's not supposed to hit till dh gets home! Well, no wind yet here. 'Taint a blizzard till the wind starts.

Stay safe,

MtRider

No offense to ya'll, and I want everyone to stay safe, BUT I would just as soon this storm DROP all the snow before it gets to Amarillo. Friday is DH's day off, and his honey-do list is growing lol

Dora

Dunno, maybe 18"??? Hard to tell with last week's accumulation still around. We, in CO, are used to the sun melting everything bare again rather quickly. This is more like Minnesota winter. They don't know where to push the snow in the cities.

Furnace still running. Everyone in the neighborhood got home safe. (We check on each other.) DH found the groceries we needed in the store. Our critters all safe. I made turkey carcass soup with my mom's homemade noodles last nite. Mmmm. We're good. Region is a mess tho. Many, many vehicles off the roads or stuck. Hope no one is stranded in one of them. Temperatures aren't too bad tho. That's a blessing.

MtRider

Morning MTRider -

We are having just the opposite of you. Lots of wind whipping the snow around, white out conditions, but only about 6-8inches of snow has fallen so far. Expecting a lull later today, with warnings that it will start up again sometime on Saturday - hope not.

We are cozy and warm, neighbors are all home. Road crews are out in force but I am not heading anywhere. Kind of nice having the whole family home and not running around.

I knew her region was getting pounded by the snowstorm today, so I called Mo7. She and her family are fine. It is indeed a computer problem that has kept her silent. She sends her greetings and says she hopes to repair the problem fairly soon.

And yes, they got a foot of snow Thurs and another foot today.

Saturday is anyone's guess. But we might get severe winds (causing drifting worse than 3-4' drifts we have now) and maybe significantly more snow.... Continuing into early Sunday.

Our snowplow guy (also dear friend/neighbor) broke his plow today. Our long steep driveway has not been plowed out at all. We have around two feet already. I'm getting down to the animals with snowshoes, a sled to carry grain/water, and Princess Rosie (dog) to literally pull me back up to the house. I don't think I could risk going down there without her to ensure I can come back up. DH has gone to work tonite and may or may not reach home tomorrow. He's prepared for contingencies. Snowplow guy is borrowing another snowplow tomorrow and coming to my house. It's doubtful that he can now get up to the top, but God is handling each step and I'm just watching it unfold.

Keep our region in your prayers, please. The stores are bare. Many folks face food shortages for the first time. (I'm fine, as are those around me - naturally!) Another "dress rehearsal" that we are having. This is not normal weather for us at all. One big storm/blizzard, yes. Three in less than 90 days? No. (my df from elsewhere says now we're just showing off!

So I'm by myself tonite; surrounded by 2-3 foot snow. Got some awesome icicles -- like 12 feet long! (Don't stand underneath them!) But all is well. Somehow, we will dig out. DH was able to drive truck down the hill. Then shoveled out the last 20 yards uphill to the road. 2-3' deep. Most of that, compliments of the passing snowplow. But he made it.

MtRider

Archived