MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need some prayer--if you pray for animals

gimmeaminute

Two years ago I had a massive heart atack. Complications set in and I almost died four times in five weeks. My insurance was cut off abouut eight months ago and I can't have the tests I need to monitor my heart and kidneys. My husband of thirty nine years has gone into congestive heart failure twice in the last year and has spent considerable time in the hospital ICU. My oldest grandson was sent away.

Ten years ago we were taking our grandson to see his mother in a city about 30 miles away and my husband found an ad in the local newspaper for a dog to give away. He called the number in the ad and the man who answered the phone was shocked, he hadn't run an ad in the paper but did have a dog to give away. When we arrived at his house, he asked my husband to please show him the ad. To make a long story short we acquired a 3 year old border collie named Miss Maggie. She was abused as a puppy and is deformed and gimpy. To me she is beautiful. She is the best natured animal I've ever seen and I really like that dog. She has a tumor on her chest and it doesn't look good. Guys, I need more strength than I have to handle this one. Please PRAY for dh, Miss Maggie and me.

My first action when I read this was to remember that Jesus was chastised because he rescued a lamb on the Sabbath. God cares about the animals too! I remember a little kitten we had, it loved to sleep in warm places. The favourite spot was in the car engine bay. One day it was hit in the head by the fan and had a huge indentation in its tiny skull. With prayer, it survived!

Father God, we remember times of answered prayer for animals, we remember the time when Jesus was chastised for caring for an animal, and now we bring you Miss Maggie. You know the place she has in the hearts of gimmeaminute and her DH. Please give them the strength to care for Miss Maggie, and we ask for a miracle for this loved family member. A miracle that sees Miss Maggie restored to health and given an extra long life. In Jesus name we ask, Amen

Prayers are sent up for your Miss Maggie. I lost my little rat terrier named Miss Molly last year after she was poisoned by bait killer Its a hard decision to make but know that she knew you loved her.

Dear Heavenly Father; we ask that You gather this family in your arms and hold them gently. Tend to them Father, they need your strength, wisdom and compassion. We ask this in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Archived