MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flooding in Minnesota

dogmom4

GOODMORNINGSHOWERS.jpg , Stacy, we are way up north from where the flooding is, thank_you.jpg for asking. We are still in a very dry area. We did get about 1/2 inch of rain these past 3 days though. Not sure but think we are still in the fire danger zone. It has been so very dry this year.

I do not know if anyone has family down there or not, but we sure need to pray for all of the families down there. I think they said there were 6 people drowned down there.

Here is just part of the story.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_231080417.html

I will keep the area as well as any area affected by weather in my prayers. It seems that when the hurricaine season starts, it is also time for many other weather related problems. I am not saying that it is the only time of the year. I know southern California gets it from fire risks when there is no rain and then goes on to mud slide risks when it does rain. My folks always have that worry. And of course the northern states have it bad with winter storms and many states have to worry about tornados. But when it comes to Hurricaines, those weather conditions tend to lead to other weather problems every where. So That means that we just have to keep those prayers going for specific areas when you know of them and in general if you don't know where the weather is hitting.

From Snowmom's article --- the same old story.....I'm sure "they" will hep us....

Quote:

Margaret Hines, 68, said she's been treated well at the Red Cross shelter in Winona, but she's not getting enough information about what to do next.

"I know it takes times ... but it's not fast enough," she said. When FEMA does arrive, Hines is optimistic she will get assistance even though she had just canceled her renter's insurance in August and had no flood insurance.

"I just can't imagine they wouldn't help us in some way," she said.

Strain, who also was without flood insurance, wasn't as optimistic.

"We probably won't get any help," he said.

noyes

MtRider

Archived