MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got a canner!

dogmom4

Doing the happy dance! banana Yesterday I was talking to my mom and I was going on and on about how excited I was to learn to can and how I could put up meals that were healthier. Well, she asked where they sold them and we ended up going to Ace Hardware and she bought me one as an early Christmas present. I am now the proud owner of a 22 qt. Mirro canner.

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/mirro22qt.htm

It is the same kind of canner my friend has so the weight thingie looks the same. Only thing my mom has asked is that I cook some meals for her to put up...she is a little freaked out by all the food recalls...she had some of those Totinos pizzas in her freezer. I am excited about being able to use it...although now a little scared after reading the post about the exploding canner... eek

Stacy

clap

YEAH for Stacy. You are gonna LOVE that canner.

It is just like mine. Love the little 'ball' jiggler. Take the ball of and it's 5 lb., put the bottom of the ball on and it's 10 lb., put the whole ball on and it's 15 lb. SOOOOO COOOOOL. And it all goes together for storing...though mine doesn't tend to stay in storage very long. wink (Easily entertained, ain't I?) rofl

Any questions just give me a holler.

yahoo

thcongratsrainbowstartextandgraphi.gif Stacy.

Aww, don't be afraid, just learn from our experiences. smile

I love my AA canner and just wouldn't be without it. smile I don't care for the jigglers though. That is what my sauce pan has on it. That one I can only put 4 pints in, so it is really slow going when or if you have a lot to can. So, I do love my AA canner. smile

Again, thcongratsrainbowstartextandgraphi.gif on your canner. smile

FALLHUGS2.jpg3864.gifHAPPYWEDNESDAY3.gif

Hi Dogmom4,

I bought a Mirro about 1 year ago, ruined the first one, got a 2nd one and I love #2. See my adventures with #1 below. They might help you.

I see that you live in Northern California. If you live in a high altitude area, put approximately 2-3 inches of water into the Mirro before you start heating your canner (do not let your water level be above the "shoulders" of any of your jars). In high altitudes, less water could ruin your canner.

My adventure:

http://www.mrssurvival.com/forums/ubbthr...true#Post112057

Enjoy your canner and congrats,

YYY

Archived