MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Baking cookies

I haven't made these, as I have no young children around. They are so cute I had to post them, and this is the only cookie thread I could find. If they don't belong here, please let me know...You could use any non-flattening dough for these.

http://divadiner.blogspot.com/2007/05/tedd...s-for-kids.html

teddy-bear-cookies-diva-diner.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOODMORNINGSNOWMANSETTINGDOWN.gif

Those are real cute, Leah. I've seen some others that would be great if you had the time, or kids. smile

I did bake more cookies on Monday and here they are, Minty Maringue Drops.

Before and after pictures. smile

MINTYMARINGUEDROPSBEFORE.jpg

MINTYMARINGUEDROPSAFTER.jpg

Here is the recipe for them. smile

MINTY MARINGUE DROPS

2 egg whites

1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

3/4 cup sugar

1/8 tsp. vanilla extract

2 to 6 drops of green food coloring, optional

1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips

Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, eat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tsp. at a time,until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 250º for 30 - 35 minutes or until dry to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

We shipped all of our packages yesterday. smile

I may or may not do any more baking, all depends on what is needed. smile

HAVEAGOODDAY-2.gifHAPPYTHURSDAY9.gifCHRISTMASHUGS1.gif

Snowmom, you are just too good. I just finished my baking this weekend and I made the raspberry ribbons too. A friend gave me that recipe last year and they are awesome. I also made two different cut out cookie recipes, gingersnaps, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, choco-butterscotch-peanut butter chip, peanut butter. I make them mostly to send to my FIL as his Christmas present. He loves to freeze them and then in July he'll call me while eating Christmas Cookies. smile

Every year I say I'm going to start early and freeze them, but I always do it this weekend so they are fresh when I ship them. I'm afraid they won't be good and I'll have to do them all over again. How do they hold up after they've been frozen?

GOODMORNINGSANTAREADINGLIST.jpg

Spider, it is so good to see you. smile

I have frozen cookies and bars both when the kids graduated, and they always were good. smile So far, so good, with these, I do have a few left and will be taking some to a few people around here as well as Christmas Eve.

Anyway, I do hope they ship ok, and are not all in crumbs when they get to TX and CA. Otherwise, they always do fine, and are as good as when I baked them. smile

I knew that I just wouldn't be able to get many made if I waited to long, so that is why I started so early. smile

Again, good to see you. smile

CHRISTMASHUGS1.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Thanks, Snowmom. I've been busy as usual, but I do try to lurk first thing in the morning with my coffee. I just haven't been posting much. I think next year I might try making the dough (peanut butter, choco-chip, etc) early and freezing it in dough balls, then baking it. I've done that before and it would take some pressure off. Maybe, I'll try a batch of baked cookies frozen and see how I like them.

GOODMORNINGSANTAREADINGLIST.jpg

Either way, sounds like a winner to me. smile I know our DS use to freeze the bowl of cookie dough. smile The balls ready to be put on the pan sounds like a good idea. smile Yes, our boys always make cookies too, as well as our DD. I think the boys need to know about cooking as well as girls, so ours did learn and the first thing or about the first thing they made was cookies.

You just post when you can. smile It is always good to see you. smile

CHRISTMASHUGS1.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

• 1 year later...
3.gif For the season.

Archived