MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

JUICY TURKEY WHITE MEAT!!

Can't remember where I came across the link to these holiday recipes; may have even been on here somewhere...anyway, I tried the one for Roast Turkey; the bird is cooked breast side down for the most part; then flipped breast side up to brown/crisp the skin...so those "turkey lifter" fork thingies would be nice to have with this...I made do without, though.

Oh my gosh!!! NEVER have we had white meat on a turkey be this juicy...without any gravy or pan drippings at all...I made a stock out of the leftovers, and I got an entire gallon of stock; it's that juicy.

Enjoy!!

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/0000...oast_turkey.php

Along with roasting the turkey upside down, if you put it in a brine before hand, it'll pull out all the water that is in the meat. What this does is then force the juices to remain in the meat, instead of escaping out with the water while cooking.

Yes, I came across the brine procedures too, but couldn't quite figure out how to do it without a way to keep the thing refrigerated while I was doing it...my refrigerator is a side-by side and I already had it overloaded with the fixin's...do you think that keeping it in an ice chest with the brining solution would be safe?? (that's what I heard someone on a blog say they did...I was afraid to try, though!) Is it necessary to brine it overnight, or just for a short time?

This recipe DID have you rubbing the cavity with lemon juice and SALT prior to packing it with a few seasoning veggies...I wonder if this was "brining" of sorts...it wasn't soaked in a salt solution, though...just rubbed inside the cavity.

• 1 year later...

Archived