MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HOTEL DRINKING GLASS EXPOSE'

Abigail

oh.. and they forgot to mention... blankets and bedspreads and pillows don't get changed either!!!

and when was the last time they cleaned the carpet?.. changed the shower curtain?

I was hoping to leave for a month or so right after Christmas but now I'm questioning the whole idea. I'm not totally stupid, I had thought about the bedding and carpeting so I don't walk on the floors w/o something on my feet and am very careful to open the beds to the clean (?) sheets immediately but the GLASSES, good grief, I never once considered them!!!

DH will be glad to know I now have the creeps about rooms and want to stay home! rofl

Luckily we do not stay in hotels often, but we did Thanksgiving 2006 when my baby was still crawling. Ugh, I tried to hold him as often as possible and not let him crawl, but it's really hard to do. I thought it was great that one of the hotels we stayed in had a dishwasher in the room with a kitchenette, and every dish in the room was in there when we got back in the afternoons...obviously washed.

This video makes me sick. How can you enjoy a vacation knowing things like this?

I couldn't believe my eyes when my cousin forwarded this to me. I mean, I knew about the blankets and stuff, but the drinking glasses???? Well, I guess it's better that we know to avoid drinking from the glasses. I know I can be way too trusting of folks, but I NEVER imagined this.

My cousin said he'd never again complain about the nicer hotels being "cheap" by using the individually wrapped plastic glasses...

Archived