MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What is your favorite left over roast chicken recipes?

A couple of things I like to do are:

Shred chicken, make stock from any of the leftovers. Make gravy with stock, add shredded chicken, serve over taters & veg of choice.

Pour 2 cups rice, and 4 cups water into 9X13 baking dish. Add 2-3T lemon juice. Add cubed cooked chicken or shredded chicken. Mix well, cover with foil, bake 30 mins or til rice has absorbed water & rice is tender. (I also do this with raw chicken, but less water as all the "juices" from the chicekn add liquid).

Good thread. We just roasted a chicken Sunday and need to use the leftovers. The carcass will be stock, but what to do with the meat?

Last one we made a chicken tortellini soup. Just chicken broth, carrots, celery, chicken and with about 15 minutes left, toss in the dried tortellini.

Left over chicken you have got to be kidding me rofl notice the name... DarleneSwoon

chicken pot pie

chicken quesadilla - this is easy two small flour tortilla buttered, one onion chopped, 2 cups- 4 Mexican cheese, 1 can green chiles, chicken, mix together and spread on tortilla and bake until cheese is melted. feedme

Roughly...

chicken chunks

chopped onions sauteed in butter or margarine (with chopped green peppers if you like them)

cooked noodles, rice, or macaroni

can of either cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or cream of celery (I use mushroom)

1/2 to 1 cup sour cream

1/2-inch chunks of your favorite yellow cheese (I use co-jack or cheddar)

can of drained mushrooms, if you like

Mix it all together and bake until thoroughly warmed through.

You can top with buttered bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, or those fried onion bits in cans. wink

I'll try to type up more when I have more time... the computer is "NEEDED" by the kids.

One my family likes is chicken and rice. I just shred the chicken, add desired amount of rice and what ever veggies you have handy (we like broccoli and onions) then I use tomato juice instead of water for cooking the rice. Simmer til the rice is tender and to desireed thickness. Also good with cheese added.

I fix this in a large electric skillet but it could also be fixed on the stove top.

Archived