MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Spring work

SDBookMom

I just want to say that spring work feels so good and hurts SO bad! After a winter of not being that active, all this gardening has my unsed body screaming but it also just feels good to be able to do it and to move! I HATE exercise just to exercise but love working my body for a purpose.

Of course, it mean being up at 2 a.m. waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in. But that kind of goes with the territory, right?

Joyfully,

Cheryl

We haven't really begun on the spring work yet SDBookMom, it's just been too wet. I got green beans, beets and radishes planted last week but the rains returned and I haven't gotten back to the gardens since then. I think the weather has turned nice at home now and from what DH says the farmers and everyone are chomping at the bit to get started.

I'm so in hopes to get back to my gardens by the first of next week.

Oh yeah, sore goes with the territory but such a "nice" sore after a winter of ice, snow and windchills! smile

Oh you two how wonderful to have things started, even all the hard work. Good for you. I am still waiting for the snow to melt. PLEASE

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

It is still not time to plant around here either. I just wish I could get out and do a big garden like I did years ago. smile

The snow is mostly gone now, but, it is still to early for gardens to be planted. smile Wait until mid May or the end of May and then gardens will be planted. smile

Enjoy your gardens while you can. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-1.gif

Dang it was spitting snow on me yesterday the 23rd of April. Hubby brought home 2 baby buff geese last night. They even slept all night. Now one is jumping as high as it can and its little head get to the top of the tub. lol

I am looking forward to getting out and working in the dirt this weekend. Planning on setting up my deer fence and weeding the existing beds and planning the new layout of the garden. Kids should be a big help! smile It's beautiful here today sunny and really mild smile

Archived