MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fibromyalgia

Momo

• 1 month later...

It seems like someone here posted earlier about having it. I will see if I can find out who it was.

I never had fibro but I did have CFS (Chronic fatigue syndrome) which has some similarities to fibro. It took me years to get over it but is now much better. I understand some of what you are going through Melissa.

I have Fibro Melissa. I was diagnosed with it after having Lyme disease many years ago. Now we are not sure if it might still be a type of Chronic Lyme disease though many doctors deny that exists. I have done very extensive research on Fibro and Lyme Disease and find a disturbing relationship there. I am sometimes almost incapacitated with it and other problems.

Momo, will you tell us how you cured your CFS? It is very similar to Fibro and is now thought to be a variety of the same disease syndrome.

bighug

After researching CFS and myofascial pain syndrome I really feel that I fit those categories as well.

Have you heard of the medication Lyrica?

My friend takes Lyrica for peripheral neuropathy. (He gets intense pain in his foot) It hasn't helped him much, but it is used for other similar conditions.

I did a search to see who else had posted about Fibro on MrsS, but they were never diagnosed..just wondering about some symtoms they had.

I spent a few years trying different herbs & vites. 5HTP was recommended, but it didn't help me. I also tried some mushrooms that were recommended but they didn't help either. NADH was supposed to help, but I could see no difference. I dropped all of them and just continued with my regular vitamin regimen.

I also think it is most important to not let it get you down. I truly believe keeping a good attitude is essential to recovering from anything. I can see how a person could go kind of crazy about these conditions. They are very frustrating and even some Doctors don't think they are real.

My condition came on overnight. I had never been sick in my life. I foolishly got a flu shot, thinking that I was getting older and more likely to get the flu. The next day I could not get out of bed. It took every ounce of strength I had to get dressed.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

We had an article in our paper a few months back about a Doctor who thought folks with these complaints were crazy. The story was that he was having to retire because he had contracted CFS. He believes in it now!!

If anyone finds any new research, we would all love to read it. Please post it!

Archived