MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bar-B-Que Pulled Pork

Jeepers

You know that pulled pork/beef bar-b-que stuff you buy by the pound at the grocery store deli? Could that be canned? Our stores don't sell it here any more. I have to go to Amish country to get it. I'd like to buy a gallon or two and can it in pint jars. I'd rather buy it than make it because I really like theirs. It'd be nice to open a jar and put it on a bun for a quick sandwich. Also, since I can't get it here, I'd like to have some around.

What do you think?

OOOHHHH Jeepers....you got me wanting b-b-q and it's only 8:00 am here. lol! I don't see why you couldn't, but I would have to do some research......I usually do my meats from scratch (starting out with raw).......DARLENE!!!!!!! LOL I will try to find something for you.....maybe someone else here has done it before.

Yes, you may can it. We do our own all the time. Get out as much of the fat as you can. Then pressure can 75 minutes on 10 lbs. for pints and 90 minutes at 10 lbs. for quarts.

Q

This isn't just the meat. It comes with the bar-b-que sauce already mixed in with it. It's already very lean. All you do is heat it up and put it on a bun. Is it still okay? Are we talking about the same thing? Oh boy, I hope so! I'd love to order a gallon or two of the it and can it up. I really want some of that stuff in my pantry.

I made myself hungry for it too.

Archived