MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Percocet Nausea

cookiejar

My step-Mom is going through horrific backpain and doing all the tests (MRI, blood work etc.). They haven't pinpointed it yet.

They gave her percocet but she gets nausea, anything she can do?

Anything natural? Heck, anything???

I'm already doing prayers

health food store - DGL (licorice.. the real deal! made into a chewable tablet)

Licorice root - chew and spit out the chewed root

Ginger - this is best made into candied ginger - easy to do. I prefer to coat it in raw course sugar. Peel ginger, slice thinly. Bring to boil 2 parts sugar to 1 part of water or less. Cook ginger until transparent, use slotted spoon to lift and drain. Place on wax paper to dry, roll in sugar.

Use the liquid to make hard candy! break into small pieces and coat with powdered sugar.

Pepcid is what I was given for nausea. Bring her to California... doctors prescribe marijuana, it actually works.

If she's into "western" med, not naturals...have her ask for the nausea "patch". It's a drug called scopalamine (sp?) in a patch about the size of a nickel. You wear it behind your ear. It worked wonders for me - through general anesthesia and post-op percocet.

A natural option is wristbands intended for sea-sickness. They work on the pressure points of the wrist - drug free. I think they can be purchased over-the-counter.

Hope she feels better soon!

Thank you so much...I copied and sent these to her. I'll have to tell her probably over the phone as it hurts for her to sit up a long time.

The worse thing is she doesn't have health care (a battle we fought about for a long while-too long of a story). The homeopathic she'll probably try first.

I am worried but tomorrow she is going to get brave and try...acupuncture!!! (blink blink)

I will up date you and thank you so much.

I love acupuncture! 18 months I went faithfully for carpal tunnel in both hands.... no surgery! today, almost 10 years later... pain free!

I made a little agreement with self.... 3 months and if nothing changed I would quit! oh my after 3 visits... huge changes!

Well, the acupuncture gave her a little relief and a big dose of HOPE. Then she read my email on the cool ideas from out here and said Thank You.

She also felt relief finding out percocet nausea is common as no one at the doc's office gave her any warning.

She found the idea of the motion sickness wristlets intriguing and the patches. The giner candy actually sounded fun to her.

Hearing her sound a bit more human made me feel such relief too.

She goes back for more acupuncture soon.

Thank you

Can she get a 4$ prescription for Promethazine from her doc? It's good for anti-nausea, and cheap. Other stuff I have had personal experience with is Zofran and Regalan but they are more $$, and Regalan makes me twitchy...

If you can ride the wave of nausea, there is a GREAT homeopathic remedy in tablets by Hyland's or Boiron called "Nux Vomica". This handy dandy little herb stops nausea DEAD. You take 4-6 pearls or tabs, wait 20 minutes, take more, every 20 minutes until you get relief. I've NEVER had to take more than 3...for me, if Nux Vomica doesn't help the nausea, nothing will! Change the meds!

Archived