MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday

mommafitz

Hey Ya'll! wave

I'm headin' for work but thought I'd pop in to say hi!

Hi! wiggle

Yesterday was really hot. I used the dishwasher after supper for the first time in days. I've been handwashing the dishes but thought I'd take a break. Bad idea. furious It really heated up the house! I will be handwashing them until cool weather kicks in, I think! happy02

After dinner and chores yesterday, I had all afternoon and evening to relax. It was great! I took a nap. I love naps! happy02 I think it helped me with getting an early start today.

I have to leave a bit early to stop and get gas on my way to work this morning. Reckon the talk of this new hurricane will spike gas prices again? rollingeyes

Ya'll have a Blessed day!

mommafitz

Good morning all. It's been a long time since I've been able to get here. We finally got moved and most everything is put away now. We didn't get a chance to put the garden in but maybe next year, right?

We've had an eventful summer so far with the move and all. A couple weeks ago, my nephew was hit by a car (lady on her cell phone hit him while he was walking). He's doing fine physically, but he has the intelligence level of a 7 year old and he's 13. We're hoping they will be able to re-train him. He's seeing quite a few doctors.

Well, I miss you guys a lot. I miss being able to see what everyone is up to. We haven't been able to find an internet provider yet, but I'm getting desperate now... I might have to splurge and get satellite service.

Well take care everyone and I'll get back when I can.

I wanted to join chat last night, but we were kinda dodging tornadoes... eek

That really bad storm that went over Chicago went over us, too. When I heard it was an actual tornado warning (instead of a watch), I *informed* DH and DS, and insisted DD go with me to the basement. (The guys look at me like a "MOM" if I insist, so I let them decide... plus, they were already nearly asleep.) They eventually joined us when it got really noisy.

It got pretty bad, but we were ok and didn't see any real damage.

After it was over and I returned to the TV, they reported that there was a sighted/reported/confirmed tornado that went right over us!!! It never touched down, but ACKK! DarleneSwoon

We REALLY needed the rain... the corn and beans in the fields are surely doing a *happy dance* in the fields today!!

bighug

(((((Cat))))) and praying of thanks.

We missed you in chat. When I popped in I mentioned that I had hoped you would be there-that we were expecting storms and they were right over you at the time and I was hoping you were ok. You were in our thoughts and we all said prayers of safety. GOD IS GOOD!!! clap

Archived