MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Too many grapes

MommaDogs

Grapes went on a very deep discount sale and I bought far too many.

I made lots of grape juice, as per Amishway Homesteader.

I made grape jelly.

I know I can can them, but I'm just looking for another recipe that I can try, something new. Anyone have any unusual recipes?

Originally Posted By: MommaDogs
Grapes went on a very deep discount sale and I bought far too many.

I made lots of grape juice, as per Amishway Homesteader.
I made grape jelly.
I know I can can them, but I'm just looking for another recipe that I can try, something new. Anyone have any unusual recipes?

If you have kids freeze them. They will love frozen grapes to munch on as snacks. Hubby would freeze these during the summer and when it was hitting 100 he would pop a few in his mouth and continue working.

You can always make your own raisins.

My favorite is a nice grape pie filling, a glaze like for glazed strawberries. I don't like the clear jel pie filling for pie, but it is AWESOME over ice cream, custard, or cheesecake.

Also, grape syrup is a wonderful idea....as are raisins.

Just a warning about the raisins, though. They will NOT look like the store bought ones. The are way stickier...and a bit misshapen. However, when you coat them in cinnamon for cereal or cookies, they hold the spices even BETTER. YUM!

• 9 months later...
Also, grape syrup is a wonderful idea....as are raisins.

Just a warning about the raisins, though. They will NOT look like the store bought ones. The are way stickier...and a bit misshapen. However, when you coat them in cinnamon for cereal or cookies, they hold the spices even BETTER. YUM!

Today, I will attempt drying grapes for the first time. Some of these are not fully ripe and I like the idea of coating them in cinnamon/sugar and then adding them to oatmeal or cookies.

If the raisins are sticky, how would I store them for future eating?

Archived