MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH Darlene---HELP

Deerslayer

I have been reading in the forum about your chicken soup for canning. Well I finally found the recipe--way back there, but it calls for ounces of this, etc. Is there a way to do it without a scale like TBSP or something--or is it time I buy a scale. Scales make me think of diets and I don't want to think about that if I can halp it. bouquet

This is deerslayer being nice... lalala

deerslayer, I'm sorry about the weight measurements...alot of times, that's how I fill my jars and can it. I need to remember to do it in spoon/cup measurements.

I'll be making some chicken soup soon, so when I go to do the measurements, I'll take the weights and measure them out and add that...until then, I'll try to cut up some carrots or something and measure that on the scale and translate it into spoon/cup measurements for you.

For those not in America, please remember that if you are relying on tablespoon or cup measurements, the american sizes are different. For instance 1 Tablespoon of Cayenne pepper in America is only half a tablespoon in Australia! BIG difference in a hot spice!

Here Deerslayer, I had the same question when I made it. Then I found this from Darlene

http://www.mrssurvival.com/forums/ubbthrea...ge=1#Post103696

13th post down

Since I'm doing quart jars for processing, I put in each jar the following amounts:

3 oz cubed chicken (approximately 1/2-3/4 cup)

3 oz sliced carrots (approximately 1/2-3/4 cup)

1/2 oz chopped onion (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon)

1/2 oz chopped celery (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon)

Archived