MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sweet Saturday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave

I finally get to drop in and say hi! banana

Our weather is forecasted to be going downhill as the day progresses. It is gray outside. Rain is headed our way bringing with it cold weather ............and possible snow! clapsnowman2 Even if it is just flurries it will be beautiful!

I am on the mending end of a nasty head cold that dropped to my chest. I seemed to be in a fog all week. whistling I continued to work and we had a lovely meal on Thanksgiving with all the fixins.

I'm thinkin about decorating this weekend. I enjoy my tree lights immensely-just like a little kid! star

I hope everyone has a great day!

mommafitz

AND MOMMAFITZ IS BACK!! yahoo

Today is just getting better and better!

I have chickies hatching. clap Two so far--a day early. This is such a relief. New incubator...first time I've used it and had problems for almost the whole first two weeks with the humidity. Now I know I can do it!! woohoo

Mommafitz...it's so nice to hear someone with a good attitude about winter and Christmas! I'm not liking the cold, but snow *is* pretty. The kids are coming for dinner and are helping me put up the tree and decorate on Tuesday, so I will enjoy spending that time with them.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!

Yippee!! Mommafitz is back. I don't get to swing by dd much these days either. Spent early part of week doing some extra house cleaning for company joining us on Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful day and the turkey was done in plenty of time despite my fears. Had to run back into work nite before to take care of some urgent business so all the things had hoped to fix ahead of time didn't get done. No matter. Thurs mornin' managed to get the semi frozen turkey thawed and in the oven, cranberries/oranges ground for the relish, marshmellow salad done, and stuffing started in the crockpot (idea from lunamother). Every thing was in place and done by noon. clap

I'm thinking of putting up the tree and decorations early too. Looking forward to a happy and relaxing Christmas instead of last minute rush! Have lots of handmade stockings to stuff and put in a box so they will be ready. One problem is the opened bag of chocolate kisses keep mysteriously getting smaller and smaller whistling

Good news on chickies necie. DS has a small tree house he's outgrown. Now if I can figure out how to get it down without tearing it apart would make a nice little chicken house for a few birds. I suppose they could climb the little ladder as is but can't figure out how would clean it out easily.

Great to see all of you! Glad you're feeling a little mommafitz.

Sounds like you're all getting ready to decorate for Christmas soon. I'm looking forward to it this year too. I haven't decorated for a number of years now but with our 2 year old DGS it's time to start. We bought a tree and the things to go with it on sale last year after Christmas so we're good to go. I may just get started on it today or tomorrow too.

Have a great weekend everyone. bighug

Good morning, all!

I’m determined to have a slow paced, relaxing day today. I shall get the laundry done and bake another pumpkin pie. I use canned pumpkin and canned milk for pumpkin pie, and opened enough for two pies at Thanksgiving, but only made one pumpkin. I’ll use up the remainder today.

That’s all I have planned in the way of “must do”. I did most of the household chores last Wednesday night after work so, nothing urgently needs done except laundry. I think I’ll take the time to read a book today.

The skies are blue with wispy little white clouds that are moving fast. The clouds sweep by so fast, they look as if they’re in a race to be the first to reach the southeast corner of my state. The tree in our backyard still has quite a few leaves on it. The wind rattles them around, but they refuse to fall. I have wind chimes hung up on the back porch, and I can hear the faint tinkle as the wind rattles them, too. The wind gusts at times, causing the wind chimes to rattle louder, providing a veritable symphony of musical notes.

Looking out the window, it looks to be very cold out, but it isn’t too bad. My husband’s weather station is listing 37 degrees. We don’t have any snow, which is unusual for this time of year.

Occasionally I see a flit of grey, as the mourning doves fly around and land on the power lines crisscrossing the neighborhood. We also have wild rabbits that hang out on our lawn. They huddle in a lump on the grass, and once in awhile hop to another spot, choosing some morsel of grass to chew on. Squirrels run along the fence, jump into the trees and scold anyone that dares to get too close to “their” territory.

Even though we still have leftover turkey, I plan on grilling a beef steak for dinner. Perhaps we’ll have a baked potato and garden salad to go with it. And of course, that pumpkin pie…with whipped cream!

Good Evening everyone,

It's been a day of unpacking suitcases, laundry and putting things away.

My mom moved last week to her friends house and then moved again today to her friends son's house, she called to let me know they were just finishing up the unpacking. I worry about her, but there really isn't anything I can do for her. It was nice to hear she was in good spirits and her sugar was OK. **Sigh**

My MIL spent the day watching football and is still watching football.

Dinner is cooking, beans, rice, and green cheese enchiladas.

It was a beautiful clear day. I put some time in emptying rain water out of the things that got soaked. Thank God nothing was ruined. God willing I'll be able to finish the remodeling project next week and get things put back to normal.

I also started a new Broken Dream TM that needs to be finished by Christmas for a customer.

Archived