MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Homeopathic Gunpowder

Granny

Even the Egyptians used raw honey. Olive oil also is good.

One thing about gunpowder, is you can put it on a big wound and light it.....lovely sensation I am sure ( OUCH), but it will sear the skin shut if nothing else is available in a bad situation.

But its nice to know it has antibacterial properties without lighting it !

Black powder contains sulphur, that may have something to do with it.

Also modern gunpowder can be used in place of nitroglycerine tablets for the heart. There is an amount of nitroglycerine in the gunpowder. They discovered this with workers in the gunpowder factories. Tastes like crap but your alive to complain.

Unfortunately, some people are allergic to sulfur and react adversely to gunpowder because of it. I've seen it happen a couple of times with Civil War and Rendezvous reenactors.

Gunpowder, used in a wound could leave a dark area afterwards. I believe Civil War soldiers came home from war with skin blackened from it's use.

Did you know that Thymol (thyme oil) was used during the first world war as a antiseptic and antibacterial in surgery. It's very effective and a lot easier to come by than gunpowder.

bighug

I can't say about modern powder, but one of the main ingreadiants in BP is charcole which was / can be used to stop food poisoning if you eat it or grind it and drink it, I would assume that it could absorb the poison in an open wound ...this is just a thought, not fact....

As for the black stippling in the skin from gunpowder is fron a close contact gun shot, unburned powder gets into the skin and remains....

I think you can still buy powdered charcole caps from most pharms. good to have in case you ingest some poison..:D

Archived