MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Spin off of the B-6 banned thread

bluegrassmom

I didn't want to veer that thread off track so I thought I'd start a new one for this. We've all known that these bans on vitamins was coming, that it was just a matter of time. But how long do you think to or do you think that it will eventually trickle down to things that are traditionally considered food items but that also have very well known medicinal value? Things like garlic. Do you think they will ever try to regulate things like that? Just a thought...

Well, they have already banned the sale of sasafrass root used to make a traditional fermented beverage with medicinal use.

Next, they'll ban apples and peaches because their seeds contain a substance that has been proven to safely kill cancer cells.

Most already know about stevia, the natural sweetener that cant be used to sweeten anything.

The list goes on and on and will continue to grow.

The government no longer exhists to protect the people. It serves itself and big money. We get fed lies and half-truths to decieve us. The blinders are off of my eyes.

I agree with Homemaker. Some of this has been happening slowly over the years with the guise that they are keeping us safe. This last ban, however, is directly and openly related to the benefits of big Pharm. Unfortunately, until the entire system is overhauled there is little we can do about it unless enough people ban together to work against it like the American Association for Health Freedom mentioned in the other thread.

Violet has a link to The Office Of Dietary Supplements there as well. You might want to check that out. It has some eye opening information.

Because I have seen this coming for many years I've made it a point to plant those medicinal plants that I felt my family might need in the future. Many of those plants could be banned or at least difficult to find in the future. If there is an herb that you rely on and you can possible grow it yourself I suggest you do it. These bans will most likely be coming fast now that the door has been opened more.

:bighug2:

"hello?"

'yes, I need to get a refill on my prescriptions'

"your name?"

'westbrook'

"yes Westbrook, which prescriptions did you need filled?"

'garlic and apples'

"we just gave you a refill on garlic last month!"

'yes I know, but Darlene's Cesar Salad Dressing calls for 8-12 cloves which really equates to 1 garlic, and we really like this dressing'

"I am sorry you need to come in for a consultation with the doctor, as to the apples... it seems you haven't been eating your apples on a regular basis! you realize we need to do an entire blood work up to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need"

'while I have you on the phone, can I get a refill on aspirins, toilet paper, cinnamon, sugar, vodka and peppermint?'

"we don't do toilet paper at this office"

'oh'

ROFL - funny post, Westie!

Seriously though, if you find value in herbal supplements, plant them NOW. (Not the supplement, but the actual herb :)

I've found www.bountifulgardens.org to be a great source for some hard-to-find herbs.

"hello?"

'yes, I need to get a refill on my prescriptions'

"your name?"

'westbrook'

"yes Westbrook, which prescriptions did you need filled?"

'garlic and apples'

"we just gave you a refill on garlic last month!"

'yes I know, but Darlene's Cesar Salad Dressing calls for 8-12 cloves which really equates to 1 garlic, and we really like this dressing'

"I am sorry you need to come in for a consultation with the doctor, as to the apples... it seems you haven't been eating your apples on a regular basis! you realize we need to do an entire blood work up to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need"

'while I have you on the phone, can I get a refill on aspirins, toilet paper, cinnamon, sugar, vodka and peppermint?'

"we don't do toilet paper at this office"

'oh'

Teehee ~ that's funny. But deep down, that is exactly the level of ridiculousness that I feel this country is headed for!

:24: Leave it to Westie to get right to the meat of the matter. :D

The problem is,,,,,it's waaaaaayyyyy too close to the possibility. It puts this whole thing in perspective.

Thanks for that much needed laugh and the irony.

:bighug2:

Archived