MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oil Cleansing Method - OCM

Josephine

I use extra virgin coconut oil on my face. I spread it on, let it soak a while and wipe off the excess. It takes off my makeup, dissolves excess skin oils and leaves my skin much more moisturized and soft than expensive moisturizers. It even takes off waterproof mascara. I went to a Mary Kay party, and she had us remove our makeup and apply her moisturizer before putting on her makeup. My skin was so tight and dry feeling. As soon as I got home I re-applied my beloved coconut oil.

I also occasionally use red palm oil on my face. It has a high vitamin A and E content which is great for skin health and healing.

I have a book called the coconut oil miracle and I've just ordered a new one called the palm oil miracle. I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

My daughter can't afford the extra virgin coconut oil, so she uses the cheap expellier expressed coconut oil. She says it works just as well.

I also cook with the oil and use it medicinally.

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

I know when I was growing up and yes, I had very oily skin and hair, all we used was just soap/shampoo and water.

Hadn't heard of using oil to get rid of oil.

THANKSFORSHARINGGIRLS.gif

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Hadn't heard of using oil to get rid of oil.

Here's some info From The Long Hair Forum. I use EVOO and either Sweet Almond or Jojoba oil. I also do an aspirin mask occasionally, and use a mix of shea butter and coconut oil for a moisturizer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Remember that your face cloths should be double rinsed and dried on High in the dryer. This way there are no impurities or buggies to get into your open pores. Also, as indelicate as it may sound, never wash your face cloths with anything that has touched your private parts or your underarms or your feet as these areas are ripe with bacteria, microbes, and fungi that your sensitive face skin can't handle.

Patch test oils on inside of forearm for safety.

1. Skin Cleanser, apply Oil mixture without water with clean hands.

2. Massage well, concentrating on areas where pores are clogged or enlarged.

Don't forget around the lips and the neck.

3. If applying over makeup, tissue off the grunge and then add more oil and massage some more.

4. Steam Face with very warm cloth for at least 2 minutes. It is helpful to use two cloths as this holds the heat in better.

5. Wipe face well and splash with cool water.

For moisturizer, 2-4 drops of the oil mixture can be spread over the face and neck.

For treatment of scars, apply 2 times a day.

For acne prone skin, Cleanse and splash with cool water 2 times per day, if moisturizer is needed, use carrier oil only.

Oil Mixture (use ml. for parts and mix in a sterilized container)

1 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting

1-part Sage

15-Carrier oil A (Explained below)

15 parts-Carrier oil B (Explained below)

Scars and Stretchmarks Treatment Oil

A=Rose Hip Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil

B=Hazelnut Oil, Coconut Oil (76 degree), Sweet Almond or Sunflower Oil

Acne Prone Young Skin, Cleansing and Treating

A=Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba oil

B=Castor Oil, (Or 5-10 parts Castor and the Rest Jojoba or EVOO)

Make 2 batches, One simple for leave on around the eyes

and one with 1-2 parts Tea Tree Oil for a cleansing and occaisional spot leave on treatment for the rest of the face. Never leave tea tree oil in the eye contour area.

Acne Prone Adult skin or Combination/Oily skin

A=EVOO, Jojoba Oil, Apricot Oil

B=3 parts Castor Oil, 12 parts EVOO,Jojoba, Apricot, or Sweet Almond

If tea tree oil is added (1 part) do not use on eyes.

Normal Skin

A=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot

B=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot, Coconut

Normal to Dry Skin

A=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot

B=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot, Jojoba, Coconut

Add 3-5 parts Vitamin E oil

Mature Dry Skin

A=5 parts Rose Hip Oil, 10 parts Sweet Almond

B=Sweet Almond or Hazelnut Oil

---------------------------------------

Eye Leave on Oil for Under Eye Circles

1-3 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting

15 parts Sweet Almond Oil

----------------------------------------

Exfoliating Salicylic Acid Mask

Crush four regular aspirin well, take out the "skins" of the coating.

Mix with aloe Gel, About a Tablespoon

Apply to T-zone and any other areas needing exfoliation (such as backs of arms etc.)

Leave on for 5-10 minutes.

Remove with damp cloth and gently cleanse.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Some people's skin can't handle the warm/hot water steaming, just use however warm you can.

Also remember that a little time into this your skin will look worse. All the no good oils and dirt, etc, are being brought to the surface. After you get them purged, your skin will look better.

• 2 weeks later...

How interesting to see this topic posted right here, right now! I just started doing this. I use virgin coconut oil and absolutely LOVE it!! I searched online and found this http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=162376. They talk about getting the water as hot as you possibly can stand it, but I really don't like that, so I use hot water, but not so much that it is burning. Then I splash with cool water, dry my face and reapply a little more coconut oil to moisturize. :) Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all of my Clinique and Nicole Miller expensive stuff...hmmm.....

So, I've been doing this for a few days now, and I have to say how much I absolutely LOVE this method! The first couple of days I ended up with a little breakout, but now that it's cleared, my skin is glowing! I wasn't able to wash my face last night, and usually it doesn't look so great the next day if I don't wash it, but this morning, it looked just fine. No breakout and my skin tone is even. If you haven't tried this yet, I really recommend it. Oh, I added using Witchhazel toner after I completely get the oil off my face, then I add back a little of the oil after the dirty oil is gone. I also started taking cod liver oil again, which really helps, too.

I recently learned that sugar sprinkled on soapy skin and left 2-3 minutes can be gently rubbed in and left for 10 minutes. The water and sugar create glycolic acid--an alpha hydroxy acid--that lifts tyhe dead skin away quickly. You know those $80 chemical peels people are paying for? Now you can do it your self. Next time I will try it in plain, nonfat yogurt to see how I like it.

I did it 4 days ago and (I am the ashiest white woman Y'all know) my skin was smooth, tight and shiny. All the callous was lifted from my elbows and even my heels feel smoother. The black heads on my nose are now gone and my shoulders are starting to clear up quickly..

Archived